User Tag List

Page 260 of 538 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310360 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 5380

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BT Sport has retained exclusive rights to broadcast the UEFA Champions League and the Europa League until 2021 in a deal worth £1.18billion.

The new three-year contract runs from the start of the 2018-19 season and is worth around £394million per year.

Some had hoped that BT, whose viewing figures for Champions League games have often been low, would decide to sub-licence coverage of some matches to a terrestrial channel such as ITV.

But since the new deal also includes highlights packages, there will not even be a highlights programme on ITV from 2018, let alone live matches.
    Expect the price of broadband and line rental to go up then. Happy days!
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a crock of shit. So much for UEFA's concerns about viewing figures, as long as money is rolling in then it's all good.

The European part of my package will certainly be removed at the end of the season when my introductory offer expires.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    What a crock of shit. So much for UEFA's concerns about viewing figures, as long as money is rolling in then it's all good.

The European part of my package will certainly be removed at the end of the season when my introductory offer expires.
    Make sure you do it yourself, because otherwise they just start billing. I hadn't signed up to anything, I'd just been given access to BT Sport for free which was one of the reasons I signed up for BT. Then the free access was removed and suddenly I was being billed a tenner a month. I guess I must have inadvertently agreed to a whole bunch of hidden small print legal bullshit when I initially signed up.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see how, given the ratings this makes financial sense to BT. They are likely to have to up subscriptions across the board, even to non sports fans.

It'll make them more uncompetitive.

I like BT Internet as a product. It is reliable, but when things go wrong, a phone call with their customer service would send Mahatma Gandhi on a killing spree.

Which is just as well as all the cunts are based over there.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Aitor Karanka been given the heave ho by Steve Gibson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aitor Karanka leaves Middlesborough. Pity that. Maybe we should consider Herbert Chapmans suggestion back in the 1930s that half the league be relegated each season. It would reduce the stigma of relegation and stop the bloodletting. I feel for Borough. It took them about 5 years to get back to the PL, but at the end of the day 3 teams have to go down.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is all this "woe is me crap" by Rio Ferdinand in all the papers. Is he trying to sell a new book or something. Cant people just grieve in private nowadays?. A few months from now he will claim reporters are hounding him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just marking myself: SAFE.

Haven't done it in a while, knew you'd all be worried.

It's a delicate world now. Little snowflakes fluttering here and there.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually thought you`d be on your way back from Brussels, making sure Teresa`s letter was delivered. Good to know you`re OK though.