Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 5380

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    How. The fuck. Is that defending him?
    You always seem apologetic when it comes to wenger or provide a positive spin when someone is criticising wenger or pop up and provide a devils advocate scenario.

Does it really hurt that much that he's completely past it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously. This is an example of why this place has gone to shit and serious debate on here is almost impossible. The conversation went like this. Zim said:

"[At Arsenal] it doesn't matter how you do, there's more money and an extended contract waiting round the corner for you as a reward for failure whether you're a manager, player or chief excutive [sic]."

So Zim's suggestion is it doesn't matter how someone does at Arsenal, they are rewarded for failure. So I said:

"It does matter how you do, but the board's definition of success isn't the same as yours."

I thought this was pretty clear, but to clarify for the hard of thinking. Of course it matters how the manager does, but the board don't care how we do on the field. They care how we do in the bank balance. By that metric Wenger has done splendidly. Their criteria for success is not the same as the fans. It wasn't a defence of Wenger, or anyone else. It was a pretty clear dig at the board and their priorities. Then you chip in with

"Why do you seem to always be defending him?" and then Globalgunner replies
    "Its a WUM. Ignore him and he will go away...for a while."

What the fuck are you both on about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's gone to sh*t cause over the years you banned a load of posters with different opinions to yours. It's bought the place to a stale standstill.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Says the man who joined in May 2017, apparently
    And, obviously, completely untrue. If I banned posters because they had different opinions to mine then there wouldn't be anyone left. Why haven't I banned Zim or NQ who I agree with about virtually nothing?
    The stagnation at Arsenal has been part of bringing this place to a standstill, but your bullshit above is another reason why people who actually want to have some decent debate would be put off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its gone to shit because it was apparently set us as a worship forum where we would all genuflect respectfully on cue from Letters. He is upset that no one else sees the man`s iridescent glory.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Says the man who joined in May 2017, apparently
    And, obviously, completely untrue. If I banned posters because they had different opinions to mine then there wouldn't be anyone left. Why haven't I banned Zim or NQ who I agree with about virtually nothing?
    The stagnation at Arsenal has been part of bringing this place to a standstill, but your bullshit above is another reason why people who actually want to have some decent debate would be put off.
    'Apparently'

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. It's definitely me who is the WUM in this conversation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Its gone to shit because it was apparently set us as a worship forum where we would all genuflect respectfully on cue from Letters. He is upset that no one else sees the man`s iridescent glory.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    'Apparently'

Meh. Well if you are an old returning poster then you'll know what you've said is bollox.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair's fair guys. Nobody here gets banned for having a dissenting opinion to the mods. Blame the other members for those bannings. When enough complaints come in from enough members, that's when the bans are enforced. We all fought over this when the last purge occurred and the members who wanted Cripps out of here were unapologetic about it. Cripps was a WUM for sure, and he was good at it. Which is why several members got pissed and complained, which in my opinion is bullshit but each to their own. Because, for sure, Cripps was not the only WUM in town.
    Für eure Sicherheit