Page 285 of 538 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335385 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 5380

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I haven't actually heard anyone making the argument you suggested the "pro Wenger lot" put forward.
    Not on here anyway. Well, not for years.
    You haven't heard the, "Who do we get that will improve things and not make them worse?", non-argument? The Wenger lot fed off that one all last season, once the, "We owe him", argument fell out of fashion.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Fair's fair guys. Nobody here gets banned for having a dissenting opinion to the mods. Blame the other members for those bannings. When enough complaints come in from enough members, that's when the bans are enforced. We all fought over this when the last purge occurred and the members who wanted Cripps out of here were unapologetic about it. Cripps was a WUM for sure, and he was good at it. Which is why several members got pissed and complained, which in my opinion is bullshit but each to their own. Because, for sure, Cripps was not the only WUM in town.
    You have a mod that antagonises, mocks and pokes until others react then he has the power to ban them. His behaviour is not one of a mod, a moderator should try and set an example but he fuels arguments. He's here because of virtue of being one of the first on this forum. Why is he still here? The forum has evolved, it's a different era, he's basically the arsene Wenger of this forum. He's past it and divides opinion. He's still here because he's a control freak.

Arsene letters

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Letters has banned anybody for years.

You must be talking about me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post
    You have a mod that antagonises, mocks and pokes until others react then he has the power to ban them. His behaviour is not one of a mod, a moderator should try and set an example but he fuels arguments. He's here because of virtue of being one of the first on this forum. Why is he still here? The forum has evolved, it's a different era, he's basically the arsene Wenger of this forum. He's past it and divides opinion. He's still here because he's a control freak.

Arsene letters
    Most of my arguments with Letters are sparked by him being the exact opposite of a control freak. It annoys me how compliant he is.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a shame. Their problems seemed so obvious from the very beginning, and it hasn't improved at all.

The favourite seems to be Dyche.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firmino Is Boss View Post
    What a shame. Their problems seemed so obvious from the very beginning, and it hasn't improved at all.

I thought the Dyche thing was a joke. A bit like the Phil Brown thing or that other guy who the Wenger Out lot were threatened with every time they stuck up a banner. So anonymous I can't remember his name. Nobody actually hires these guys. Surely?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Firmino Is Boss View Post

That’d be shit news for Burnley but you couldn’t blame Dyche. Taken them as far as he can really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieira View Post

Arsene letters
    You are talking out of your festering hole.

Letters has banned about 2 posters in 10 years.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh here comes his girlfriend

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can sort of see both sides. He has done and is doing a good job with Burnley, and you'd think he'd get them defensively organised, but you can easily see parallels with the likes of a Phil Brown, or Owen Coyle. At Burnley you can go 9/10 games without a win and get away with it or not win away all season or whatever it was; even at Everton the fans would be coming down hard on him as we've already seen. It'd be interesting to see how he'd cope with the change in expectations, actually having a bit of money to spend and even how he'd adapt to the way teams will play against them, as opposed to how they approach Burnley.

At the very least though, Dyche's heart would be in it. With Koeman it most definitely wasn't.

Unsworth, the U23 coach is second favourite with the bookies. Third favourite is.... Moysey That would go down brilliantly.

Though those names are a tad more realistic than Ancelotti.