User Tag List

Page 289 of 538 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299339389 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 5380

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fat Sam in the running for the Everton job.

1. I thought he called it a day?

2. Why the fuck would a club like Everton consider him? Have some self-respect, jeez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know how there is a conspiracy theory that there is some secret organisation running the wold in the shadows and sharing its resources amongst themselves. There must also be a secret lodge of club owners who pass these shithead managers around. Moyes just relegated Sunderland, before that stank the place out at Sociedad and crapped all over the pitch at OT. How he gets work still is beyond me. West Ham are sure to get relegated now.

Allardyce maybe slightly better in terms of technical ability, but not much. If he was as cocksure as he would like us to believe, why doesnt he pitch up somewhere in Europe and make Deportivo la Coruna contenders again?. Nah they prefer the safety of the EPL where they can continue to spout crap on TV and surf for new clubs to fill their nest egg.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 07-11-2017 at 07:13 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Fat Sam in the running for the Everton job.

1. I thought he called it a day?

2. Why the fuck would a club like Everton consider him? Have some self-respect, jeez.
    I don’t like him not at all, but in my mind I’d much rather he was England manager than Gareth Southgate

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    You know how there is a conspiracy theory that there is some secret organisation running the wold in the shadows and sharing its resources amongst themselves. There must also be a secret lodge of club owners who pass these shithead managers around. Moyes just relegated Sunderland, before that stank the place out at Sociedad and crapped all over the pitch at OT. How he gets work still is beyond me. West Ham are sure to get relegated now.

Allardyce maybe slightly better in terms of technical ability, but not much. If he was as cocksure as he would like us to believe, why doesnt he pitch up somewhere in Europe and make Deportivo la Coruna contenders again?. Nah they prefer the safety of the EPL where they can continue to spout crap on TV and surf for new clubs to fill their nest egg.

People look for conspiracy when they fail to appreciate the depth of human fallibility

It’s not to say conspiracies and clandestine power figures don’t exist, they clearly do

But they aren’t the explanation for everything that makes no sense

Moyes still has his reputation from managing Everton in the same way Wenger has his somewhat intact because of achievements well over a decade ago.

They shouldn’t have, they are both burnt out (in Moyes’ case, mainly from drink)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Martin Samuel trolling for hits:

I loved Arsenal legend Thierry Henry but he doesn't make my top five list of foreign Premier League stars
    To save you clicking on it.

Here's why Henry doesn't make the list:

Henry scored 30 goals or more in five consecutive seasons for Arsenal. He was Footballer of the Year three times. His technique was out of this world, his poise sublime, his game intelligence gave him an extra yard, as if any were needed. I loved watching Henry. I wouldn't trust a soul who didn't.

But here is why he is absent. This list needs a deciding factor. There is too much talent, too much greatness to make it just about the player alone. This is the clincher: I want revolutionaries. I want players who were the pioneers; who changed the culture at their club; who made such a difference here the game wasn't the same again.
    Martin then goes on to say... having ranked Cantona, Aguero, Kante (not a typo) above Henry and as he gets to...

2. DENNIS BERGKAMP
    Transformed Arsenal. Yes, so did Henry in his time. Even more so, it could be claimed, so did Patrick Vieira.
    Ronaldo wins it. I guess Rooney must be unavailable for selection.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any list of the best foreign players in the PL that doesn’t include Henry isn’t worth shit.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Martin Samuel

Daily Fail

Henry is number one out of any list. The number of goals & assists he ratcheted up every season was unbelievable - god what I'd give to have a player like that at the club right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Some of the fat has broken off from his belly and has travelled up to his brain and is strangling his last vestige of common sense

Henry is the best foreign player to have played in the premier league. No ifs, ands or buts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Some of the fat has broken off from his belly and has travelled up to his brain and is strangling his last vestige of common sense

Henry is the best foreign player to have played in the premier league. No ifs, ands or buts
    Are you sure he was better than Kante? I'm not 100% certain of that, and if you click on my advertising laden link I'll tell you why. I guarantee you'll be surprised and even shocked at my answer.

But hurry! This offer can't last! Get in now while you have the chance.
    Für eure Sicherheit