Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Wenger to the spuds?

Please?
    Maybe Wenger has been playing the long game so he can go to Spurs and take them down from the inside.
    Wenger

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PL Considering a Winter Break

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42954835

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve personally always felt a winter break would have some benefit. Yes these cunts are paid a fortune but it is taxing on the body to play so often with little rest. I don’t think there needs to be 3-4 week break like there is in other leagues but why not just play up to Boxing Day and then nothing till the FA Cup third round gameweek? Which is only what, 10 days?

Alternatively, get rid of the League Cup.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem is that they'll all head off to the Middle East or the States to play some lucrative matches instead of resting which is what ostensibly the break is meant to be for.

Meh. There priorities are in the wrong place. The PL should be focusing on increasing the number of viewers in the UK by trying to bring down the price of them or moving to a more easier & cheaper streaming mode. The latest reports about the number of subscribers Sky Sports and BT Sports are losing should be incredibly alarming to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I’ve personally always felt a winter break would have some benefit. Yes these cunts are paid a fortune but it is taxing on the body to play so often with little rest. I don’t think there needs to be 3-4 week break like there is in other leagues but why not just play up to Boxing Day and then nothing till the FA Cup third round gameweek? Which is only what, 10 days?

Definitely get rid of the League Cup. Make it for Championship and below.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Definitely get rid of the League Cup. Make it for Championship and below.
    Don't think that's needed. Just scrap FA Cup replays and make the League Cup semi's one match only and that alone will free up a couple of weeks of football which you could structure into a fortnight winter break over Christmas.

There's only four realistic trophies available for us ordinarily and so I'd hate to lose one of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

Would save us getting a hiding from the gypos I suppose. Yes, get rid. We can concentrate on coming 6th. And most of our players already have a winter break, does this mean they'll get two?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always thought that Sky and BT should share the rights to all games and then offer people a television season ticket for their team.

Then it's up to them to see who can give consumers the best deal, that's proper choice.

All this shit about consumers should have a choice - but then we are stitched up when we have to subscribe to both just to see CL and PL football

Fuckers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ryan Mason has to retire at 26 following a skull fracture
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43045432

Hard to believe he could not come back from that. Are outfield players really at a greater risk than keepers. Maybe they would not let him wear a protective skull glove like Cech.

Hope he finds a new vocation.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

HCZ
    There was a guy I knew in my early twenties who for some reason was missing the solid bone at the back of the skull, so potentially you could render him unconscious or make him forget his mums face by pressing the back of his head.

Was none too bright either way