User Tag List

Page 369 of 538 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371379419469 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 5378

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You think Messi is having it tough? Poor old Ronaldo has resorted to buying 8 million quid Bugattis.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52105337

Spurs ask non-playing staff to take a 20% pay cut.
    Just think about that a minute. Non-playing staff.

So no cut for the players who are currently sitting on their arses for £SILLYMONEY a week?

Honestly. Football really is bollocks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

So no cut for the players who are currently sitting on their arses for £SILLYMONEY a week?

I hope he includes himself amongst the non playing staff
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And he plans to access taxpayer money to pay those staff as well.

Government should tell them to fuck off. Cut the salaries of the players first before you ask for taxpayer help.

Wont stop spurs spending millions on new players either.

Shocking behaviour. I’d be just as livid if arsenal did this. Football clubs are about to cause a huge PR crisis for themselves with behaviour like this. Read reports today that PFA is advising their members (ie the players) not to agree any pay cuts during this time. Outrageous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is so ridiculous it's untrue, the team, in fact all teams should take big pay cuts, they'll still be earning more than enough, yet once again it's the little guys who suffer.

I can't believe we haven't heard about wholesale pay cuts for the players at other clubs to be honest, at least in other countries they have, they'll be earning megabucks for doing nothing at all, why wouldn't you look at the players first and foremost.

Isn't this the 80% the government will end up paying anyway rather than a pay cut, so the club won't need to fork out much.
    Last edited by Özim; 31-03-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can you be so oblivious to the suffering of professional footballers? Most of them are human too, you know. Well at least some of them are.

How do you know they aren't all out helping the lowly paid doctors and nurses who are putting it on the line every day? You don't.

Ronaldo ordered a new 8.5 million quid supercar, undoubtedly so he can respond to emergencies as quickly as possible. Messi is down to his last £100K a week.

Grealish was involved in a car crash while out shopping for quarantined pensioners (okay maybe that last bit isn't true, but it COULD be, we don't know).

In some ways these are the real heroes of the hour. People we will be able to look up to once this crisis has passed.

Until then, we're all in this together. Just as I'm sure we'll all be in it together when the economic tidal waves hits next.

I'm praying for them and I long for the day when we can once again see them kissing the badge to acknowledge how much they love us.

If we can get back to that normality it will demonstrate in the clearest terms why we deserve to survive as a species.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    totally disgraceful from Levy but what do you expect of someone who blackmailed Haringey Council to give him £60m towards the Toilet Bowl so spuds wouldn't go to the Olympic Stadium (which i'm willing to bet they were never going to do anyway)

let's face it one week of K**t, Walli or Wanks' wages would remove the need to cut workers' pay at spuds for a month i'm sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    totally disgraceful from Levy but what do you expect of someone who blackmailed Haringey Council to give him £60m towards the Toilet Bowl so spuds wouldn't go to the Olympic Stadium (which i'm willing to bet they were never going to do anyway)

let's face it one week of K**t, Walli or Wanks' wages would remove the need to cut workers' pay at spuds for a month i'm sure.
    Well the cunts who play for him are just as bad. No volunteers there. And we haven't heard much from Arsenal either, apart from us chasing free transfers, which is par for the course.

They're not the same as banksters, theoretically. They claim to have an affinity with the fans and appreciate the fans. So they could share in the burden at this time, even if it was a 20% pay cut like everyone who has been laid off. Or an 80% pay cut like me and many others. But, they have Xbox sessions and tweets to be getting on with so I guess they don't have the time.

I won't be going back to football after this. In truth, I hated these people before this shit (but it was a feeling more than a certainty), and I hate them even more now. Including our lot. THE Arsenal. Club and fans in harmony. Yeah, like shit. Years of robbery is all. Profit first. Profit second.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CL and EL suspended "until further notice"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52121463

Come on, PL. You know what to do...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)