User Tag List

Page 370 of 538 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380420470 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 5374

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coronavirus may have killed VARS. One disease wiping out another. Because officials have to group in close proximity, the shit abomination that is the game wrecking VARS - or football cancer as it is more affectionately known - may be scrapped. I hope so. Good riddance to toxic rubbish.

Honestly though, they are afraid of three officials being in a small room. It gives a hint of how ridiculous our world is going to be on the other side of Wuhan Flu.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe becomes the first Premier League figure to break rank and take a voluntary pay-cut to his £4m per year wages... but stars keep their full salaries for now.
    It's good on the one hand, that these people choose to burst the bubble that protects them and join in the crisis with the rest of us plebs, in some superficial way. But it's not quite the same. Even a 50% pay-cut means 2 mill a year. Which is a whole different life regardless. So yes, well done. But no, I don't see it as much of a sacrifice. But, on balance, we're the idiots who shell out these huge salaries so I suppose we can't complain when first class flies off to a world we'll never know, virtue signalling all the way. Because that's all it really is. It's better than just keeping the snout planted, like every other manager and player bar the staff and team at Barcelona. Yet the huge benefits they have far outweigh the pin prick of pain they'll feel from this. Many people can't sleep because they can't make the rent and don't know if their families are destined for the street. I don't see how Eddie Howe's "sacrifice" helps much. But we can all call him a good guy, I suppose. It's better than nothing, but nothing much in the grand scheme of things.

Footballers should be out and about playing charity matches, doing their bit. Not hiding behind mansion walls and trying to hang on to silly money as the economy collapses for everyone else. If they get sick, so what? This virus is harmless to them. 2 or 3 days with a runny nose, big deal. But no. When the shit hit the fan (literally) they hid. Fuck them.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do hope when this is all over that most fans tell their clubs to go fuck themselves. They have acted appallingly in this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there's massive implications for season ticket prices etc, how can Arsenal go to fans who are struggling and demand they all pay a grand so that so that the club can pay ozil a million every three months?

Am really glad that c**t Levy's made himself the public bad guy, but every club is in a real quandary here, PL players need to act fast and agree to a voluntary 50% pay cut across the board, won't happen of course but it needs to be something on that scale so they can substantially drop ticket prices - otherwise renewals will go through the floor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I do hope when this is all over that most fans tell their clubs to go fuck themselves. They have acted appallingly in this.
    Is this the case? Only a few so far have been appalling, spurs Newcastle & Norwich in asking for government support yet not asking players to take a pay cut.

Arsenal seem to have donated a lot to charity and said they will pay match day staff during this crisis which is impressive. I think Bournemouth & Brighton have done the same.

Chelsea are giving some of their stadium/hotel to NHS staff for free and I think City are doing the same?

I have no issue with players not being asked to take a pay cut as long as non playing staff are not being asked to do the same. As soon as they cut the pay of non playing staff and not the players, thats when the issues begin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Is this the case? Only a few so far have been appalling, spurs Newcastle & Norwich in asking for government support yet not asking players to take a pay cut.

Arsenal seem to have donated a lot to charity and said they will pay match day staff during this crisis which is impressive. I think Bournemouth & Brighton have done the same.

Chelsea are giving some of their stadium/hotel to NHS staff for free and I think City are doing the same?

I have no issue with players not being asked to take a pay cut as long as non playing staff are not being asked to do the same. As soon as they cut the pay of non playing staff and not the players, thats when the issues begin.
    The level of players' pay relates directly to how much clubs need to raise to be able to stay afloat - and that means ticket prices and match-day receipts - you're forgetting (or being a self-proclaimed 'toff' perhaps blissfully unaware) of the hit people are taking on their incomes - if football doesn't wise up to that they will find no-one wants to pay high prices to watch Mustafi fuck up again while sipping a £2.50 cup of hot chocolate and munching a £5 slice of pizza...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. I guess that's fair, Ollie. Some clubs have acted well enough.
    I have some issue with players still raking in the money when they are not currently doing their jobs. Not their fault of course but that could be said for loads of people who have lost their jobs because of all this. It's the sheer amount of money they're raking in which makes it all a bit hard to swallow. None of them are living hand to mouth or worrying about paying bills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal and every club has spent decades ripping off the fans mercilessly. Football has been corrupted from a simple, culturally rooted game, with a simple fixture list, and a price list within reach of the working man who helped found the game and build the stability of the clubs. Now it's an internationally money spinning circus of pigs dashing around trying to gorge on as much as possible as the working man gets booted and middle class day trippers chuck cash to keep the intensity high. A disgusting spectacle far removed from the original intent.

But apart from that...

Yeah, Arsenal and some other clubs have been better than others in stabling their pigs and attendants to ride this out in the opulence they have become accustomed to. Well done them, I hope we can find a suitable way to show our gratitude.

Mac is right though, they're not going to love us as much if we can't keep throwing that money at them.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    The level of players' pay relates directly to how much clubs need to raise to be able to stay afloat - and that means ticket prices and match-day receipts - you're forgetting (or being a self-proclaimed 'toff' perhaps blissfully unaware) of the hit people are taking on their incomes - if football doesn't wise up to that they will find no-one wants to pay high prices to watch Mustafi fuck up again while sipping a £2.50 cup of hot chocolate and munching a £5 slice of pizza...
    They could just ask their Papa for small loan of a million pounds, or perhaps sell some of their land.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    No i’m fully aware of those costs and likely impact of people losing jobs/income will have on season ticket renewals etc. But that is a separate issue to the one now.

If the clubs revenues fall next season because a majority cant afford season tickets or even one off tickets and therefore games are played at near empty stadiums, the first people to be go from teh club will be those players on high incomes. Sacking a tea boy on a £15k a year salary will make no difference to them.

At the moment, that is not happening at some clubs. They are instead asking the governemnt to pay the salaries of the non players and then paying an extortionate amount to the players.

Football is in for a rude awakening next year if they dont sort the ticket prices out or even the sky subscriptions etc. To watch all the games on BT/Amazon/Sky requires an outlay of over a £100 a month. People wont be able to pay that. If those costs go down, the next tv deal reduces etc.