Page 377 of 538 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387427477 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 5378

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I'll never accept that with all the favours they got, there must be several of his titles you could really dispute if you analysed what happened with ref decisions in every game they played, it was footballing bias on an industrial scale
    It’s weird how before he arrived at Utd they hadn’t won a title for decades and since he left they haven’t won one.
    I guess those favours only applied when he was there. What a strange coincidence.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    I hope this virus will have made people think why they devote so much time and money to football.
    I wonder now NBN is coping now he's been furloughed from being the bestest westest Arsenal fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It’s weird how before he arrived at Utd they hadn’t won a title for decades and since he left they haven’t won one.
    I guess those favours only applied when he was there. What a strange coincidence.
    nothing strange about it, but not for the reasons you're implying, like Mac Overmars says he was a godfather figure who exerted almost inexplicable influence over the footballing powers that be, i guess it came from his background as a shop steard in a scottish factory or something he could push around the toffs at the FA easily, plus teh media adn FA wanted a club to be PPL poster boy adn after blakburn folded it was Moan U.

i never cared much for the way Moan U played under him, it was basically kick and rush with a bit of violence thrown in.

seriously though how can you ignore that only four penalties were awarded against them between 1993-2003 at old shiteford? We're all old enough to remember what it was like

and then there was all that extra time

the one thing you could say about him was that he did motivate players to try hard and keep going until the end etc - all the easier to do of course when you konw the ref won't blow the whistle until you score a winner...

he also managed to get involved when Aberdeen were supposed to be relegated and fixed it so they stayed up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You only have to look at Mike Riley’s refereeing display in that defeat at Old Trafford in 2004 to realise how much bias there was towards United.

Ferdinand hacking down Ljunberg as he was clean through and no free kick. Rooney dive. Neville brothers hacking down Reyes at every chance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    seriously though how can you ignore that only four penalties were awarded against them between 1993-2003 at old shiteford? We're all old enough to remember what it was like

and then there was all that extra time.
    I'm not denying he had an influence, but he won 13 titles. 13!
    5 FA Cups. 2 Champions Leagues.
    And in Scotland he won the title 3 times with Aberdeen, a side who had only won one title before he was manager, in 1955, and who haven't won the title again since he left. He also won a European trophy with them, the only one in their history.

He certainly had an aura about him and I'd agree that had an influence with referees, but that's part of what makes him the GOAT.
    Wenger did well to go toe to toe for him for 8 years but what sets Fergie apart is that he managed to keep rebuilding teams even in the era of billionaires coming in with all the influence they've had on where trophies have ended up.

If he isn't the GOAT then who is? Really hard to make a case for anyone else IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It goes Fergie > Wenger >>>>>> BIG ASS GAP >>>>> IDK, Pardew or someone?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52214649

BBC Football Focus is giving you the chance to choose which classic Premier League match highlights are aired on the show.

Viewers can vote between the best of Tottenham's 5-2 win over Everton in 2005, or Aston Villa's stunning 3-1 win at Liverpool in 2012.
    Ah yes. Both Premier League classics that live long in the memory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Yes but I am a bit lost without it or any sport tbf.
    I'm getting used to it. Sport was blasted across so many channels 24/7, overdone to the point where it became just another thing to be consumed. Might be nice if it went back to one live match on a Sunday and that's it. That's enough. And get Keys and Gray back too while at it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Yes but I am a bit lost without it or any sport tbf.
    that's surely the understatement of the century, you seem to live and breathe for it (which is fine btw )

have you managed to find any belarus football?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52250176

Hope he gets better soon.

Anfield ‘89