Page 382 of 538 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392432482 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 5379

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Must find that St Totteringham's Day bunting.
    i have a 'Mind the Gap' enamel badge somewhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only fair way to do it is null and void.

Next season's european places can be decided by... oh I don't know... UEFA coefficient?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I favour points per game because enough games have been played to make that reasonable.
    Also it puts us above Spurs.
    The big appeal of Null and Void of course is

Liverpool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has all dragged on for so long now that I'm wondering if anyone cares, even scousers?

I couldn't give a fuck, personally. Couldn't care less if they never restarted. Too many important issues all hitting at once to be bothered about distractions like football.

Withe The Second Wave (c2020) on the way I doubt they'll be able to finish the season, unless there's one rule for footballers and another, draconian rule for healthcare workers who are locked away from their families. I suppose they could test everyone before and after matches, test their families, all the staff, the refs and anyone else involved. But the tests are so unreliable most of them would test positive anyway. Or at least a good number of them would. So how would that work? And if they did test positive, how could they go back to their families? Doubt the players would agree to any of it. It's not as if any of them will be roughing it in their multi-million quid palaces.

The average points method should have been used across all leagues and the season's business terminated as normal with titles, promotions and relegations based on what has actually happened. The bit that didn't happen is an Act of God (or the Chinese), so that's the only bit that can legitimately be made null and void. It's pretty damn amazing they don't already have rules for truncated seasons. After all we've had world wars and shit. Makes you wonder what these suits actually do with their time. The have no provisions and can't make decisions. Maybe just sack them and get somebody else in?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn’t care less really what happens anymore. Every time there’s a news update on football I just find it totally irrelevant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a post going around on facebook with a list of sports saying you could only keep three after lockdown.

Remarkably easy not to pick football.

Which a few years ago would have been unthinkable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    football would be first for me, then athletics then golf - F1 and Wimbledon would come after that

it would have been test cricket as no 2 or even no 1 in the past but now it's no longer on TV (not the TV i can afford anyway) and the long-form game is becoming more and more irrelevant i don't really care

plus at some point the England team became a bunch of tattooed yobs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    football would be first for me, then athletics then golf - F1 and Wimbledon would come after that

it would have been test cricket as no 2 or even no 1 in the past but now it's no longer on TV (not the TV i can afford anyway) and the long-form game is becoming more and more irrelevant i don't really care

plus at some point the England team became a bunch of tattooed yobs
    I had golf, cricket & rugby union.

Nothing beats a day of test cricket imo. Think back to the stokes innnings in the ashes, that was magical.

My wife is a fan of rugby so started going there more often then football now. More friends prefer it as well so always a good day out. Football just got so expensive but i found the atmosphere at the emirates a few years ago so foul that no enjoyment going anymore.

Golf is just superb so no way losing that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    theres' only one team that can actually play rugby and that's the All Blacks - in their history perhaps Wales have come close but that's it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh true and international games are as bad as football matches in terms of ticket prices. A ticket for twickenham is around £80.

Tend to go more to the premiership games like harlequins which are much better at around £30 a ticket. Been the premiership final a few times and got tickets for £20 though so thats good fun