Page 385 of 538 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395435485 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 5380

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    PSG have been awarded the French title, pity they didn't go for N&V option...
    In the special case of Ligue 1. they might as well award them the 2021 title too while they are at it. These monopolistic teams dont see the correlation between their dominance at home and sucking in the CL. Same goes for Juve. When your domestic league is piss poor you are never prepared for playing tough teams.

the French league is so shit even the Saudis don't want to go there.

I really fear for poor old Steve Bruce. Now the Toons are newly minted. They will want a fancy manager with a straight nose in their dugout. Im still shocked at how well Newcastle have done under Bruce. I pissed myself laughing when he was appointed. was sure they would be in the bottom 3 all season.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 01-05-2020 at 11:37 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just found out I can pause my sub for Sky Sports while there's no sport. Wish they told me when the season shut down, rather than days before it maybe opening up again. Must have been an oversight on their part, an honest mistake. Bet a lot of people were on the ball though and hit pause at the earliest possible moment. So Sky has lost a ton of cash. Which means they're going to want it back. BT Sports can be paused too. So same applies.

PL vs Sky and BT

I'm thinking this is 99.9% of the reason they want to get things rolling again, no matter what.

On the other hand, Saudis set to outbid Qatar for terrorismPL rights next year. Now the Geordies will have ragheads in charge I suppose. Can't see what could go wrong with having a mountain of Saudi cash tumbling into the game.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    I really fear for poor old Steve Bruce. Now the Toons are newly minted. They will want a fancy manager with a straight nose in their dugout. Im still shocked at how well Newcastle have done under Bruce. I pissed myself laughing when he was appointed. was sure they would be in the bottom 3 all season.
    apparently they're looking at Ponce - good idea, a new owner who wants to win things appointing someone who's never won anything and just moans when he gets found out - good luck with that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The players are too scared to do their jobs. Poor loves.

Quick question. Who here would go and train with Arsenal and play football matches in empty stadiums, with a whole host of extra measures introduced to provide extra safety? For, let's say, £50K a week?

Anyone?

Myself, despite the horrific risks involved, something like a 0.03% chance of death for a healthy young person, I might muster up my courage an take the cash (while enjoying the footie).

Cowardly, self-absorbed pussies tbf.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In general NQ is wrong about everything of course ( ) but not on this occasion.
    Honestly. Fuck this lot.
    Can you imagine Adams or Vieira or any of that generation being too scared to get out there and play?
    There aren't snipers on every corner, the risk really isn't that high.
    This lot are a bunch of...well yes, cowardly, self-absorbed pussies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Revised my opinion. I wouldn't go and train with them or play footie matches because the risk would be unacceptable and after 5 minutes I'd definitely be a burden on the NHS.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you can't argue with the fact that if the government wants to cheer up the nation, it's a pretty good way to go about it

Although i'd still prefer that same government to be put up against a wall and shot of course...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh these twats

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52542756

Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Gordon Taylor says halves of less than 45 minutes are being considered when football resumes.

Discussions about the Premier League's return are ongoing but Taylor says players are "concerned about their own safety".

"They are not stupid," he told BBC Radio 4's Today programme. "They will put safety first."

The Premier League is hopeful of a potential 8 June resumption.