Page 405 of 538 FirstFirst ... 305355395403404405406407415455505 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 5380

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Except that these days, most premier league games dont seem to be played at 3pm on a Saturday for a variety of reasons. European football, tv picks moving games etc.

I could be wrong but I think two years ago, arsenal only played one game at home at 3pm on a Saturday.
    i think that's because we're still regarded as a bigger draw, and so more often on TV, so somone like Aston Villa probably does play a bit more often at 3pm Saturday.

but yes, sure if the PL simply abandon 3pm on a saturday that would presumably solve the lower league issue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or schedule them all at 3pm and don't televise any of them. Then the grounds would reopen, wouldn't they? Quick as you like.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i think that's because we're still regarded as a bigger draw, and so more often on TV, so somone like Aston Villa probably does play a bit more often at 3pm Saturday.

but yes, sure if the PL simply abandon 3pm on a saturday that would presumably solve the lower league issue
    I thought there were limits on how often a club can be shown on tv?

I remember in Wenger’s last season, there was nothing left on the last day to play for & sky wanted to show the arsenal game but couldn’t because we had been on tv to the maximum level allowed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even before covid I thought there was way too much football on TV. Horribly all encompassing, saturated coverage. Most of which I never watched. Got rid of Sky and BT a year ago and don’t miss it at all. Money well saved.

Will start going to games again regularly when we’re allowed to do so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Even before covid I thought there was way too much football on TV. Horribly all encompassing, saturated coverage. Most of which I never watched. Got rid of Sky and BT a year ago and don’t miss it at all. Money well saved.

Would be best if fans just turn up anyway. Coppers wouldn't want 40K people on the streets for 2 hours. So the stadiums would be reopened, backed by new science that suddenly emerges. Hanging around waiting for government permission just encourages the bastards, you have to help them along or they'll just settle for what suits them. Also, this would be the best way to build up that immunity in preparation for Covid's (I'm sure, much heralded return) in the next flu season.

Won't happen though. People will just wait for permission to live their lives.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

agree, occasionally i wish i had one of those services but then when i do see a live premier league game on tv I realise they're mostly overhyped crap (as ours have been too until recently, but at least it's the Arsenal... )

funnily enough i nearly did watch liverpool v leeds and wish i had but there's always MOTD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    agree, occasionally i wish i had one of those services but then when i do see a live premier league game on tv I realise they're mostly overhyped crap (as ours have been too until recently, but at least it's the Arsenal... )

funnily enough i nearly did watch liverpool v leeds and wish i had but there's always MOTD
    AND IT'S LIVE!!!
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd never watch anything with spuds in, but this does sound hilarious, what a bunch of losers

But why didn't they just call it 'Nothing'?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54154357

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You love to see it.