User Tag List

Page 463 of 538 FirstFirst ... 363413453461462463464465473513 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,630 of 5380

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the best thing to happen in football for a very long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a useful temporary rebalancing but i daresay they'll be bought by a Gulf state with equally deep pockets

The main thing is whether it dents their performance this season, which could help our top 4 hopes, though it could give them a renewed team spirit too...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were one of those potential gulf state buyers I wouldn’t be going anywhere near English football right now. Let’s face it, the only thing they’re in it for is sports-washing their reputations and gaining legitimacy and respectability in the West - the very last thing they want is a load of public scrutiny over the source of their wealth and the crimes they’ve committed, and tens of thousands of fans chanting against them every week to a global audience. This issue of ownership isn’t going away any time soon - it’s all directed at the Russian oligarchs at the moment, but it’s only a matter of time before attention turns to City’s and Newcastle’s owners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    If I were one of those potential gulf state buyers I wouldn’t be going anywhere near English football right now. Let’s face it, the only thing they’re in it for is sports-washing their reputations and gaining legitimacy and respectability in the West - the very last thing they want is a load of public scrutiny over the source of their wealth and the crimes they’ve committed, and tens of thousands of fans chanting against them every week to a global audience. This issue of ownership isn’t going away any time soon - it’s all directed at the Russian oligarchs at the moment, but it’s only a matter of time before attention turns to City’s and Newcastle’s owners.
    funny you should say that, Barney Ronay's piece is about just that today https://www.theguardian.com/football...-just-a-little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brilliant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea and sporting integrity