User Tag List

Page 480 of 538 FirstFirst ... 380430470478479480481482490530 ... LastLast
Results 4,791 to 4,800 of 5380

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who would you rather have in charge, Arteta or Tuchel ?

Surely its Tuchel by a mile.

Arsenal missed out on Conte and now they will miss out on Tuchel.

18 years and counting.

How long is it since they last played in the CL ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post

18 years and counting.

Do you mean ‘played’ or ‘appeared’?
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post

18 years and counting.

Tuchel. Really? So you would swap a coach who has pretty successfully addressed the cultural malaise at Arsenal and built a young team with their prime years in front of them. In other words put in all of the building blocks that are essential for the long term progress of the club, not to mention obviously improving us on the pitch - for a coach who has spent gazillions on big name players who have underwhelmed over the past couple of seasons and ended up in a tire fire.

The fact that Graham Potter is a strong contender for their next manager; together with the choice of Ten Hag for Manure and Eddie Howe at Newcastle shows you the type of young, hungry and tactically astute managers who are now favoured by even the richest clubs. And Arteta is once of these. I guarantee you that many other clubs will be envious of the hard transition that we have already made for a more solid future - Spurs being one of them. Conte ain't going to build for their future so what next for them when he leaves? They will be in the same position that we were.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Surely FFP has been compromised here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Tuchel. Really? So you would swap a coach who has pretty successfully addressed the cultural malaise at Arsenal and built a young team with their prime years in front of them. In other words put in all of the building blocks that are essential for the long term progress of the club, not to mention obviously improving us on the pitch - for a coach who has spent gazillions on big name players who have underwhelmed over the past couple of seasons and ended up in a tire fire.

The fact that Graham Potter is a strong contender for their next manager; together with the choice of Ten Hag for Manure and Eddie Howe at Newcastle shows you the type of young, hungry and tactically astute managers who are now favoured by even the richest clubs. And Arteta is once of these. I guarantee you that many other clubs will be envious of the hard transition that we have already made for a more solid future - Spurs being one of them. Conte ain't going to build for their future so what next for them when he leaves? They will be in the same position that we were.
    I would choose neither myself, I don’t accept that Arteta has done anything like sorting the cultural malaise I think all he’s proven is his ability to fall out with people. And indeed nothing I saw in All or Nothing gave me any sense of the players having any warmth for the coach.
    I think Tuchel being sacked and replaced with Graham Potter replacing him is very bad news for us indeed and in fact potentially snuffs out any chance of us finishing top four.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I would choose neither myself, I don’t accept that Arteta has done anything like sorting the cultural malaise I think all he’s proven is his ability to fall out with people. And indeed nothing I saw in All or Nothing gave me any sense of the players having any warmth for the coach.
    I think Tuchel being sacked and replaced with Graham Potter replacing him is very bad news for us indeed and in fact potentially snuffs out any chance of us finishing top four.
    Wonder if you polled 100 fans of other EPL teams Arteta or Potter would come out on top in a choice between the 2. My money would be on Arteta...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Tuchel sacked!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Chelsea sign Ponce - that moaning overrated twat is just the person to make sure they continue underperforming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Wonder if you polled 100 fans of other EPL teams Arteta or Potter would come out on top in a choice between the 2. My money would be on Arteta...
    Which would prove what exactly? To my mind it would prove that football fans aren’t very bright

I’d say Potter has done ten times the job Arteta has done at Arsenal given the respective size of the clubs