Page 482 of 538 FirstFirst ... 382432472480481482483484492532 ... LastLast
Results 4,811 to 4,820 of 5380

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I was amused when I saw earlier that they said they'd make the decision after a "review of the official mourning guidance"
    the guidance says "There is no obligation to cancel or postpone events and sporting fixtures, or close entertainment venues
    during the National Mourning period. "

https://assets.publishing.service.go...idance__1_.pdf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the face of it, there’s absolutely no need to cancel the fixture list. There’s no precedent for it

From a logistical stand point it simply would be pandemonium on already overly stretched police forces

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In London, yes.

But the whole country?
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    In London, yes.

But the whole country?
    Every single metropolitan area, and town is going to hold public memorial services, there will be places left for people to leave flowers etc.
    Apart from anything else, such moments are ripe for any potential terrorist attack….so you need people screening for unattended packages as well as public order officers for anyone who gets a bit pissed and silly at this time.
    Every single person who works in a public office from local town council has been briefed on London Bridge long in advance of it happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Every single metropolitan area, and town is going to hold public memorial services, there will be places left for people to leave flowers etc.
    Apart from anything else, such moments are ripe for any potential terrorist attack….so you need people screening for unattended packages as well as public order officers for anyone who gets a bit pissed and silly at this time.
    Every single person who works in a public office from local town council has been briefed on London Bridge long in advance of it happening.
    This is rubbish, you're saying thousands of police are needed to stand watch over books of condolence? A couple of community officers more like, it's the PL overreacting and spoiling everyone's weekend, that's what it is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    This is rubbish, you're saying thousands of police are needed to stand watch over books of condolence? A couple of community officers more like, it's the PL overreacting and spoiling everyone's weekend, that's what it is
    Not just books of condolences, but scaled down ceremonies of the type taking place in london.

Believe me when I say any major policing operation stretches that individual force to breaking force. And London Bridge has been declared the largest joint and individual endeavour in policing to have happened in modern history.

As it is the police can barely cope on a day to day basis

If you’re saying the premier league would have come to this decision anyway, well I won’t argue with that…I think NI deciding unilaterally to suspend games made it so they felt they couldn’t go ahead. The irony is I don’t think anyone but a few grumbling idiots and a lot of Spurs fans would have complained.

But to say policing won’t be stretched is nonsense. And if the funeral is held next weekend…you can bet your boots these fixtures will be called off as well

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on, KPR. King's Park Rangers as they will surely now be known

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And our match against PSV has been postponed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's what she would have wanted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it is a sad thing she died. But I’m fucking beyond sick of all this bullshit and sycophancy.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.