User Tag List

Page 496 of 538 FirstFirst ... 396446486494495496497498506 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,960 of 5380

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I msut admit I'm not in favour of them being stripped of all their PL titles since 2013 if it means giving two more to Moan U and three to Liverpool

It would also be perverse for us as it would mean we'd have qualified for CL once or twice more...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    The other big 6 clubs want them relegated if found guilty.

I think this would be a good punishment. Taking away their titles is meaningless but should be a given.
    If I were Chelsea football club I would simply be very quiet on this issue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They absolutely should be stripped of their titles when found guilty.

That doesn't mean awarding those titles to the runners up, I don't think there's much merit in doing that.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be shocked if anything happened. They won't be stripped of anything, at most they will get a fine and/or a small points deduction which will make no difference in the grand scheme of things.

The very worst of the charges will be dismissed or fudged, and they'll be "found guilty" of the lowest charges.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My problem is that I feel a bit meh about this. Whether within the rules or not, we have 3 nation state EPL clubs, and at least 2 more that are financially doped to the gills. If anything Chelsea are even worse than Citeh with dirty Russian oligarch money writing off their debt after years of sports washing. Football is a dirty business however you look at it and the situation is here to stay...

...and that's not even going into the wider football world with the last 2 WC's staged in despicable countries...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqiri Is Boss View Post
    I'd be shocked if anything happened. They won't be stripped of anything, at most they will get a fine and/or a small points deduction which will make no difference in the grand scheme of things.

The very worst of the charges will be dismissed or fudged, and they'll be "found guilty" of the lowest charges.
    Aye. This is what I reckon too.
    But let's say they are stripped of their title, I guess Liverpool could therefore be awarded some retrospectively. But would that really mean anything to you?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/basketball/64563131

And Kane only has 267? What a loser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/basketball/64563131

And Kane only has 267? What a loser.
    I didn’t even realise that LeBron James was still playing until I saw this story yesterday

I know fuck all about US sport, and care even less.

I kept half an eye on the regional championship final in the NFL between the 49ers and the Eagles because my cousins who live near San Francisco are niners fans….I wouldn’t have a clue who played for them.

My only tenuous point of reference is that Levi Stadium is one of the stadiums being used at the next World Cup

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Aye. This is what I reckon too.
    But let's say they are stripped of their title, I guess Liverpool could therefore be awarded some retrospectively. But would that really mean anything to you?
    I think the investigation is 2009 to 2018, so I think we'd only be "awarded" one anyway. So nah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super league's back.

Just fuck off will you? Didn't you learn your lesson from last time?

You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting