User Tag List

Page 507 of 538 FirstFirst ... 7407457497505506507508509517 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,070 of 5380

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully the women involved in this case are named and shamed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Hopefully the women involved in this case are named and shamed.
    Believe all women/birthing people
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the risk of sounding serious, Rape convictions tend to be low…the reason for it is because unless there are witnesses it’s hard to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. I don’t know whether Mendy denied the assaults happened full stop or whether he claimed they were consensual.

The binary generally isn’t - the man is guilty or the women are liars. Believe women mantra means you’d eliminate any need for a trial, and that’s why the Metoo movement was a big load of shit, and I do believe in innocent until proven guilty.

However there’s a metric fuck ton of stuff that goes unreported. Friend of mine was assaulted (bloke assaulted her despite her telling him to stop and was stalking her afterwards). She went to police but ultimately didn’t want to take the witness stand (which with cross examination and what have you I can’t say I blame her) but as luck would have it, wasn’t her assailant’s debut at that kind of behaviour - police even commented that he didn’t even seem to realise there was anything wrong with what he was doing (retard or something?)

But it’s a sticky old wicket. You want to try and find a balance between maintaining a high bar for conviction and actually protecting women from rape/sexual assault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66207080

Don’t get this. Well obviously I do, it was obvious the upgrades to Kenilworth Road wouldn’t be completed in time for the start of the season. But why not just play the match at Turf Moor and then play the game scheduled for Turf Moor at Kenilworth Road. Or failing that play at a neutral venue like Vicarage Road which is 15 miles down the road (and Watford are playing away on that weekend) and it would still count as a home fixture for Luton. Rather than let fixture congestion occur

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    At the risk of sounding serious, Rape convictions tend to be low…the reason for it is because unless there are witnesses it’s hard to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. I don’t know whether Mendy denied the assaults happened full stop or whether he claimed they were consensual.

The binary generally isn’t - the man is guilty or the women are liars. Believe women mantra means you’d eliminate any need for a trial, and that’s why the Metoo movement was a big load of shit, and I do believe in innocent until proven guilty.

However there’s a metric fuck ton of stuff that goes unreported. Friend of mine was assaulted (bloke assaulted her despite her telling him to stop and was stalking her afterwards). She went to police but ultimately didn’t want to take the witness stand (which with cross examination and what have you I can’t say I blame her) but as luck would have it, wasn’t her assailant’s debut at that kind of behaviour - police even commented that he didn’t even seem to realise there was anything wrong with what he was doing (retard or something?)

But it’s a sticky old wicket. You want to try and find a balance between maintaining a high bar for conviction and actually protecting women from rape/sexual assault.
    Agreed but most of the high profile cases are usually at the end found to be all BS or a simple money scam. Way back we had the Sheffield United guy (name escapes me) Not guilty. Mason Greenwood (Not guilty) Now Mendy (Not guilty). When you are high profile nowadays its really walking a minefield. Best part is to have hidden cameras installed all over your house. A woman that blows you a kiss as she leaves your house in the morning is gonna have a hard time proving you spent the whole night molesting her

The part that pisses me off the most is 3rd parties who know little about the details or only what the Sun tells them will start shouting GUILTY at the top of their lungs, even on this board here. A couple of melts were wishing the death penalty on Greenwood even while the bint was still sleeping with him during his trial. Some sorry individuals are just gleeful about other (more successful) peoples imminent demise. You know who you are.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Agreed but most of the high profile cases are usually at the end found to be all BS or a simple money scam. Way back we had the Sheffield United guy (name escapes me) Not guilty. Mason Greenwood (Not guilty) Now Mendy (Not guilty). When you are high profile nowadays its really walking a minefield. Best part is to have hidden cameras installed all over your house. A woman that blows you a kiss as she leaves your house in the morning is gonna have a hard time proving you spent the whole night molesting her

The part that pisses me off the most is 3rd parties who know little about the details or only what the Sun tells them will start shouting GUILTY at the top of their lungs, even on this board here. A couple of melts were wishing the death penalty on Greenwood even while the bint was still sleeping with him during his trial. Some sorry individuals are just gleeful about other (more successful) peoples imminent demise. You know who you are.

Mason Greenwood wasn’t found not guilty, the CPS dropped the charges at the behest of the partner (clearly paid off) there’s clear evidence of what he did to his girlfriend.

Whatever one says about her character, the guy is a wretched cunt…and anyone who threatens to hit a woman because she won’t open her legs for him deserves several kinds of shit kicked out of him.

The only thing I’d say positive about Metoo (given it was an online witch hunt) is that it proves if you get money or fame you get the impression you can behave how the fuck you like. Ched Evans was found not to have behaved criminally (and I think rightly so) but you shouldn’t put your dick in anyone that’s barely conscious so he clearly is a scummy little prick (but being a scummy prick isn’t a criminal offence).

Yes that these guys are rich does leave them open to false accusations of course, but it also allows them to behave with impunity and hire the best lawyers where as it’s likely if they were residing in the filthy council estates they were dragged from they’d have gone down.

The likelihood is that false allegations are likely to get dismissed early on, because the CPS won’t even go to trial with very convincing victims if they don’t think there’s at least a good chance of conviction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66207080

Don’t get this. Well obviously I do, it was obvious the upgrades to Kenilworth Road wouldn’t be completed in time for the start of the season. But why not just play the match at Turf Moor and then play the game scheduled for Turf Moor at Kenilworth Road. Or failing that play at a neutral venue like Vicarage Road which is 15 miles down the road (and Watford are playing away on that weekend) and it would still count as a home fixture for Luton. Rather than let fixture congestion occur
    because that would require much more sense than the PL is able to muster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    because that would require much more sense than the PL is able to muster
    True

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)