Page 535 of 538 FirstFirst ... 35435485525533534535536537 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,350 of 5380

Thread: General Football Nonsense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Can't say I'm sorry, while they have a strong tradition, Cloughie etc, they literally cleared out the whole squad when they got promoted which didn't sit well with me, by contrast Luton have for the most part used the squad they had and while they might go down they're at least putting up a fight

As for Burnley though ...
    Last edited by Mac76; 18-03-2024 at 05:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to agree, obviously you need additions to help you in the premier league but there should be some attempt to keep faith with the core of the team that got you there to begin with.

And well it’s doing the opposite of this that’s caused them this problem.

Burnley I find interesting because there’s clearly a mismatch between the results and the performances…especially away from home. I think Kompany is a bit naïve, but I remember watching their first game against City…they struggled but they did try and take the game to City but it was clear that City were in a different class.

I think Burnley showed much more attacking intent against us than a lot of teams that have come to the Emirates this season that are established premier league teams. And that game was the first real glimpse you saw of how we targeted set pieces when other avenues of attack were blocked off. Burnley didn’t just sit deep they came forward when they had the ball…but I think we bamboozled them from corners

Sheffield United are a basket case of a club. I actually feel a bit sorry for their fans. I think Luton’s season was characterised by the 4-3 game at Bournemouth. They’ll try their best but eventually reality reasserts itself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sheff U is indeed a basket case, I've no idea why Chris Wilder is still there, except that I suppose they have accepted that they're going down and don't want to pay him off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Local lad innit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    you honestly believe any of the clickbite shite that gutter 'news service' provides?

I pity you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    you honestly believe any of the clickbite shite that gutter 'news service' provides?

I pity you
    And I pity anyone who is so steeped in tribalism that they can point to the problems on the other side but not their own so I guess we are even.

No I don’t believe the story, not because GB News has published it (given it’s not about vaccine conspiracies) but because I don’t believe anyone would be stupid enough to appoint Southgate as boss.

The joke about GB News is that the mainstream media lends what is ostensibly a right wing populist punditry organisation…a British Fox News if you will credibility it absolutely doesn’t deserve.

Julie Bindel who I have many disagreements on, is a garden variety lefty feminist but she can only ever get a platform on GB News because what used to be genuine alternative platforms like channel 4 are afraid to have on someone who is demonised as an evil fascist transphobe. Could you call her a useful idiot for the populist right? Maybe but fact is she puts principle above tribalism.

GB News is 90% full of reactionary, self righteous wastes of space (so it’s a bit like the Guardian in that respect but I wouldn’t be afraid to share a link from there either) and I think it’s pretty loose thinking that gets it ascribed as a news channel at all. But there are people like Andrew Doyle on there who I like. And I don’t think it makes me look smart or high minded to adopt this red rag to a bull approach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...n-hag-32391211

The story was also in the Mail yesterday, but now I’ve found a far more palatable source for delicate Mac

Still strains credulity. The fuck would anyone want to make Southgate their manager. Hasn’t been in club management for 15 years and that was pretty dismal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess when it says players would like it, they're talking about MacGuire who knows he'd be a gauranteed starter, plus thre's some other deadwood players there who know they'd be safe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only just seen last night's England result

They really ought to havr dumped Southgate by now