User Tag List

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spurs vs City - Tuesday 14th May 20:00

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spurs vs City - Tuesday 14th May 20:00

Arguably the most important game in our season, being played out between Manchester City and what can be best described as Reticent Surrogates.

I was hopeful that Brighton, Forest, Wolves or Fulham could get something. But hope and definitely not expectation. Not to say that there is expectation tonight, but I think it’s possible that Spurs can get something even if I’m not overly convinced they will.

Even before the Villa defeat, it seemed likely that this game would prove crucial.

I will say that after the Villa defeat, it’s to our immense credit that we have taken things this far

If City win, they are to all intents and purposes champions elect

If Spurs win, it could be argued that this is what we will be

If it’s a draw, we become favourites but it’s still up for grabs giving Everton will provide more of a dogged opposition than West Ham

I’ve spoken to a couple of Spurs supporting friends. One said that they think Spurs aren’t ready for the champions league, but that the worst result for them would be a draw.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Spurs win, tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying not to get my hopes up as I do think this will be fairly routine for City. If the game was earlier in the season I’d give Spurs a chance but at this stage and with what’s now at stake for City, I don’t see them slipping up and I think they’ll win by 2 or 3 goals. It would be very out of character for them to drop points now.

A draw would still mean quite a nail biting final day because you’d think City will demolish West Ham if they have to and wipe out our +3 advantage easily.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A draw would make for a very stressful final day. I back us to beat Everton but yeah, City could absolutely take apart West Ham and beat us on GD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The funniest scenario would be spurs losing tonight, their fans celebrating but them West Ham get a result against city, arsenal beat Everton and win the league

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    The funniest scenario would be spurs losing tonight, their fans celebrating but them West Ham get a result against city, arsenal beat Everton and win the league
    I dunno. It would be pretty Spursy to let their fans down for most of the season - after the standard good start to get their hopes up, before dashing them - and then win the one game which would push Arsenal to the brink of the title.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I dunno. It would be pretty Spursy to let their fans down for most of the season - after the standard good start to get their hopes up, before dashing them - and then win the one game which would push Arsenal to the brink of the title.
    Both would be exceptionally funny.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How would we be feeling and what would we want to happen if the situation was reversed ?