Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
The comments on Havertz are harsh, and its a shame that after an excellent win against a team that have only lost once in the league this season he is the focus for negativity. He is not my favourite player, and his lack of speed and composure in front of goal is annoying, as is his propensity to go down under pressure. But he was a key part of a team that out Liverpooled Liverpool in terms of pressing and ball progression, and as poor as Liverpool were - we made them poor and not only dealt with their customary balls over the top, but kept them on the back foot throughout. Restricting them to one shot on target is an excellent achievement.

I know that this will be seen as an excuse, but for me football is a team game and I think that every member of our team played a part in a crucial win in which all the pressure was on Arsenal. If we are going to call our team out for the points dropped in our losing streak, then its only fair to applaud them for a run that puts us back into league contention.

I am very happy this morning.
I believe that without him it wouldn’t have been possible to win. He occupied defenders in a way Jesus and Nketiah do not, thereby making more availability for Martinelli, Saka and Trossard. What people expect is for him to be a player who does that and also score goals…if he did that he would absolutely be worth his transfer fee which he isn’t. You can acknowledge a player wasn’t worth what you paid for him, but still make the best possible use of that player.