User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Burnley vs Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Burnley vs Arsenal

Reverse fixture of the only game I’ve been to this season. Burnley impressed me in that they were well up for it, and I don’t believe for a second they’ll be any easier to navigate at Turf Moor despite their awful record at home. They created plenty of chances and we will make heavy weather of it if we expect the game to be a capitulation like West Ham. Dont get me wrong we played brilliantly against West Ham, I said after we went 1-0 up that we need the courage to go for them on the counter attack and we did. Getting the first goal will be a slog and it will most likely come from a set piece which Burnley are ok at defending from.

Scoring early will help, we’ve got good results away from home (apart from against Fulham) when we’ve gone in front early on. It’s games like Forest, Brentford, Palace etc where making the breakthrough has been hard,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, if we can’t win this then we have no business talking about a title charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I mean, if we can’t win this then we have no business talking about a title charge.
    In reality we don’t have any business talking about a title charge. We don’t have a consistent goalscoring threat….and whilst we have played miles better in the last four games than the start of the season…it’s hard not to see things drying up for us.

Our title challenge will most likely come to an end when we face city at the end of next month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    0-3
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope we win tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I hope we win tbh.
    Controversial opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Controversial opinion
    he always says it, like i always predict a 0-3 result for us and GP always predicts the opposite - how long have you been on this board...?
    Last edited by Mac76; 16-02-2024 at 11:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    talking of which, 3-0 Fofana hatter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    correct

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    talking of which, 3-0 Fofana hatter
    I’m going to say something nice for once. I like your predictions, not because you have any expectation of them coming true but in instances like this where you have to find a likely goalscorer…Brentford it’s Toney hatter, City it’s Haaland. But for Burnley who the fuck is getting that milestone for them?. Is Fofana their top scorer ? Would have no idea.

But what it does it keeps the old traditions alive, like when someone used to predict a Ozil hat trick in each game, which was hilarious until of course he actually did score a hat trick…and then it became even more hilarious.

Although this did come to mind

And I could have done the Nigel Farage one but I didn’t