User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Burnley vs Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't watch it and I suppose that means I don't care.

Would love them to win it, but know for a fact they'll find a way to lose.

And that's not really all that important in the grand scheme of things. I'm still watching out for a real football team to be born. No signs of it yet.

That said, I did enjoy watching some match which I can't even remember. The one before this one I think. I liked the way we played the ball toward the opposition goal with a degree of regularity. Obviously it meant we had more chances and so scored more goals. It was all very obvious stuff. Simple. And they could do it every week. I think they should.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Didn't watch it and I suppose that means I don't care.

Would love them to win it, but know for a fact they'll find a way to lose.

And that's not really all that important in the grand scheme of things. I'm still watching out for a real football team to be born. No signs of it yet.

That said, I did enjoy watching some match which I can't even remember. The one before this one I think. I liked the way we played the ball toward the opposition goal with a degree of regularity. Obviously it meant we had more chances and so scored more goals. It was all very obvious stuff. Simple. And they could do it every week. I think they should.
    Bit of a straw man complaint, I’m here far too often but I don’t recall anyone suggesting you don’t care. I’ve largely accused you of having a cry for the moon attitude about football. The game has doubtless been poisoned by money’d interest in terms of the spirit of the game (what passes for commentary unquestionably accepts the validity of fraud teams like Man City and Chelsea)…..but the only thing that’s really changed is the scale. This idea that someone like Odegaard isn’t a proper footballer but Freddie Ljungberg and Marc Overmars are (and I appreciate that at best I’m paraphrasing your argument) seems curious to me. I come from a day where such players were derided as poofs and fairies because they didn’t like being tackled, they were obsessed with their image and all that’s changed now is that the rest of us have to pretend to care about their image because social media.
    Ray Parlour, Tony Adams and others were massive corporate whores for local Ford dealerships to the point where they’d constantly be at dealerships my mum’s friend worked at, to a degree where she considered them co workers, although not out of any affection as she described Adams as an “arrogant overgrown child”

Your description of how the game has changed is at best vapid, and seems to me to hinge on a myth that if a rumour is the size of a pea rather than a melon it means you don’t have cancer.

Also not for a second do you believe that any of us are any more convinced that “we will do it this time” than you are. Take away the fact that no one believes that female commentators in sports is going to lead to legalise pedophilia, we do accept that we’ve allowed the changing times to be used as an excuse for a mindset that is disappointed by failure to win but ultimately accepts it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

Me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I make our aggregate over the last five games 21-2

Would love to see how the Gary Nevilles of this world try to dismiss that

Ok, so the teams included Palace, Forest, Burnley and an out-of-form West Ham but it also included Liverpool

This what a title-challenging side is supposed to do and we're doing it

Long may Zin and Partey stay unfit, we don't need them, would be good to have Jesus back though only to rest Saka, Martinelli or Trossard if they need it, Trossard's earnt his starting place now and then some

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is building up very well for a mountain of disappointment in March/April. Cant wait.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    This is building up very well for a mountain of disappointment in March/April. Cant wait.
    If you could just avoid adding The Emirates to your endless travel itinerary, there’s a good chap