User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Porto v Arsenal. 21/02/24. 20:00

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    0-0 HT

hmm, a bit shaky and by rights we should be losing - we need to be on our game a lot more in the second half

i wonder if he subs Rice for Jorg at HT?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit shit but I think that was the game plan anyway. 1/4 done, long way to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    0-0 HT

hmm, a bit shaky and by rights we should be losing - we need to be on our game a lot more in the second half

i wonder if he subs Rice for Jorg at HT?
    Doubt it. Plus let’s be fair, Jorginho is not exactly great either when he doesn’t have time on the ball.

Plus the only reason I’ve known Lego hair to make a half time change is injury

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Doubt it. Plus let’s be fair, Jorginho is not exactly great either when he doesn’t have time on the ball.

Plus the only reason I’ve known Lego hair to make a half time change is injury
    I've seen him sub players at half time if he's not happy with them and/or wants to change something, i thnk it's happened to Trossard for example

Rice isn't playing well and he's on a yellow, Jorg is better than you say and has good experience for this game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen him sub players at half time if he's not happy with them and/or wants to change something, i thnk it's happened to Trossard for example

Rice isn't playing well and he's on a yellow, Jorg is better than you say and has good experience for this game
    Again I can’t say whether Arteta is being honest or not, but with Trossard, as I recall the reason given was that he picked up a knock. Maybe he’s said that to save them what could be perceived embarrassment for being pulled at half time, maybe Rice will suddenly have picked up a “knock”

And Jorginho is a decent enough player, I would have started him tonight….but on his own it’s asking a lot for a player who isn’t the quickest and has been known to be dispossessed in dangerous areas to deal with a team that’s closing us down high up the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well anyway he's not made the switch, no surprise but let's hope Rice keeps his cool a bit better in the second half

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    has been known to be dispossessed in dangerous areas
    you're getting him confused with Zin, the only time that's notably happened with Jorg is against Spuds that time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you're getting him confused with Zin, the only time that's notably happened with Jorg is against Spuds that time
    No I’m not getting him confused with anyone. It’s happened a few times in fact against Man City he did exactly the same thing Rice did tonight…he dithered and ended up getting a yellow card for a foul he wouldn’t have had to make if he’d shown a bit more alacrity of thought.

Plus it was a constant issue when he was at Chelsea. With Italy, they are far more defensive so there’s always cover.

He’s good at regulating play, and he’s a good passer of the ball. But he’s a bit Aaron Ramsey in possession at times

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trossard volleys it over from a corner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trossard mk II