Kiwior - 7 Solid

Rice - 8 proper midfield engine

Odegaard - 9 Driving force of the attack

Havertz - 7 Quietly growing in confidence

Martinelli - 7 Creating chances for others

Trossard - 7 Missed a few chances but ultimately buried one

Saka - 9.5 - Most Dangerous on the pitch

Subs

Can’t really remember who they were. Didn’t add or detract from a solid performance so will give them all a 7

There are tougher games coming up far tougher, but there’s no doubt that it’s good to limber up with comprehensive wins like these…they do wonders for confidence. I think we should if possible make changes for Porto….which might include starting Jorginho as I don’t think they will give us the same space in midfield West Ham and Burnley will. And fingers crossed we start to get players like Partey, Tomiyasu and Jesus back. Partey is finished in terms of long term at the club, but if we can get games from him that adds value in order to sell him in the summer. Jesus gives us another dimension in attack.

Vieira as a squad option will also be someone we could use in games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Raya 7 - Smart stop early on

White 7 - Settled

Saliba - 7 Comfortable

Kiwior - 7 Solid

Rice - 8 proper midfield engine

Odegaard - 9 Driving force of the attack

Havertz - 7 Quietly growing in confidence

Martinelli - 7 Creating chances for others

Trossard - 7 Missed a few chances but ultimately buried one

Saka - 9.5 - Most Dangerous on the pitch

Subs

Can’t really remember who they were. Didn’t add or detract from a solid performance so will give them all a 7

There are tougher games coming up far tougher, but there’s no doubt that it’s good to limber up with comprehensive wins like these…they do wonders for confidence. I think we should if possible make changes for Porto….which might include starting Jorginho as I don’t think they will give us the same space in midfield West Ham and Burnley will. And fingers crossed we start to get players like Partey, Tomiyasu and Jesus back. Partey is finished in terms of long term at the club, but if we can get games from him that adds value in order to sell him in the summer. Jesus gives us another dimension in attack.

Vieira as a squad option will also be someone we could use in games
    It is amazing how we have all of a sudden clicked and scoring goals from everywhere without relying on a striker.
    In response to your comment regarding the players coming back. I would leave the team sheet as it is until the ones returning are 100% fit. We all know that Tommy, Jesus and ESR are made of glass.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad Arteta is starting to think about squad rotation and bringing players off for the last 10-15 mins of games, but what is abundantly clear, is that we have some proper shite when he does.

Nketiah has just fallen off a cliff. He offers nothing at all and should have been sold.
    ESR is still trying to learn how to play football again so I don't blame him much.
    Nelson - doesn't seem as good as he did last season when making appearances.

All in all, we can only switch to mainly defence mode when 4 or 5 nil up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KSE Comedy Club View Post

Nketiah has just fallen off a cliff. He offers nothing at all and should have been sold.
    ESR is still trying to learn how to play football again so I don't blame him much.
    correct re Eddie

I still think Nelson need more minutes to reach a degree of consistency, instead of waiting for 4 or 5 nil Arteta needs to give him a chance sooner in games

ESR has actually looked very good when he's appeared this season but it's his fitness that's the concern

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    It is amazing how we have all of a sudden clicked and scoring goals from everywhere without relying on a striker.
    In response to your comment regarding the players coming back. I would leave the team sheet as it is until the ones returning are 100% fit. We all know that Tommy, Jesus and ESR are made of glass.
    I think with CL now upon us again he will have to rotate a bit, getting Jesus and Tomi back is very important on that front given their international/CL experience

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    It is. But I would note that Burnley are properly awful, and West Ham are in poor form.
    It's nice to get good, confidence boosting wins but bigger tests are coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It is. But I would note that Burnley are properly awful, and West Ham are in poor form.
    It's nice to get good, confidence boosting wins but bigger tests are coming.
    The Newcastle game is massive, not necessarily to get a 5-0 win but a win is vital - if they turn us over it will make us look like flat track bullies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KSE Comedy Club View Post
    I'm glad Arteta is starting to think about squad rotation and bringing players off for the last 10-15 mins of games, but what is abundantly clear, is that we have some proper shite when he does.

All in all, we can only switch to mainly defence mode when 4 or 5 nil up.
    What intrigues me is that - having shown that he is adept at developing our team - Arteta decided to offer Nketiah a big new contract. Was this simply a pragmatic decision at the time, or a mistaken belief that the player would be more adaptable? For me the irony is that Eddie's strength was as a poacher - and we were until recently pining for a penalty box finisher. Has the manager now shown that his team has evolved beyond this, and is the system the reason for Nketiah's fading star?
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    What intrigues me is that - having shown that he is adept at developing our team - Arteta decided to offer Nketiah a big new contract. Was this simply a pragmatic decision at the time, or a mistaken belief that the player would be more adaptable?
    I was listening to a podcast today where they suggested it might basically have been to balance out something to do with homegrown players/financial rules or something - sorry a bit vague but maybe you can make sense of that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I was listening to a podcast today where they suggested it might basically have been to balance out something to do with homegrown players/financial rules or something - sorry a bit vague but maybe you can make sense of that
    Makes some sense I guess. At it's most basic giving Nketiah a new contract gave us an option up front without having the transfer outlay, while preserving a home grown asset for future purchases (important in the current financial rules climate). I think at the time there were more pressing requirements elsewhere on the pitch.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter