Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
Nelson is talented and home-grown, there's no way a team like Palace or suchlike wouldn't pay at least £25 for him and also pay more than that for Eddie IMO.

On Zin, I'm giving my own opinion so whether or not Arteta would sell him is irrelevant - obvs i would have sold him even before it became clear he's only ever fit for half a season (tbh that's a blessing IMO) but that just takes away any (however debatable) benefit of having him in the squad

Jorg will stay IMO, he brings a lot to the team and has another season at least in him, it would be very difficult to find a repalcemnt with that kind of quality and experience
With Nelson I think you might have had a point 3-4 years ago but even with Joe Willock we only got 20 odd million after he’d been Newcastle’s star performer on loan there

The likelihood is to get what you think we should be getting for him will necessitate a similar scenario. Now I see no reason why that wouldn’t happen, but given what has happened already to Everton, what could happen to Forest etc….clubs are just not going to spend beyond their means.

I’m well aware of the issue you have with Zinchenko, my feeling is I don’t feel as strongly as I did a year ago especially as he’s become more of a squad option….and I think of all our left back options he’s the one that operates the best with Martinelli in my view.

I’m also not keen to spend any more money on defenders. Long term Timber, Zinchenko, White, Tomi, Kiwior, Saliba and Gabriel is more than adequate.

Agree with IBK that buying a striker means we have no further use for Eddie.

Jorginho has done well since he’s been with us, but I’m not keen on keeping any outfield player past the age he is now especially not in central midfield. Plus I’d actually like to have a midfielder who is more comfortable in possession when not given time on the ball - neither he nor Rice nor Partey fit that description. This is why I wanted Caicedo so much

Although that comes with the Caveat that Caicedo has been notorious for giving the ball away this season

That plus its academic anyway we won’t be signing him unless my dream comes true and Chelsea go into liquidation (which isn’t going to happen either)

I’d like to see Charlie Patino make the squad next season too