User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which other TOP club has such obvious gaps which their manger refuses to address??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Ideally I'd like to see a defender come in before the Benfica game but I think our transfer window will frustratingly go to the wire. I don't really expect to see much more activity if I'm honest but maybe that's because where Arsenal transfer windows are concerned, expect to be disappointed. Hopefully there is a pleasant surprise on it's way though.
    I fear that you are right, Marc. However, I believe that the next week will determine the season. IMO, Arsenal have to make a move this week in order give the current players and other targets confidence that the club intends to challenge this season.
    While all answers are responses, not all responses are answers.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stepanovs, Cygan, Senderos, Djorou and the biggest waste of space of them all Squillaci would make you wonder what Wenger knows about the art of defence - And Koscielny is not exactly Beckenbaur either.

I thought Pates, Linighan and Caesar were a bit one paced and had 'issues' with positional sense but Squillaci really takes the piss.

Awful footballer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked Senderos. When given a run of back to back games, he'd be solid. But Wenger had a habit of dropping him as soon as he made a mistake or when Toure/Gallas were back fit and available for the first team.

Wenger doesn't know how to coach defence. He has doesn't have a strategy for good defending and stopping other teams from the looks of it. We've had a load of defenders over the past few years and they can't all be that bad. If they played for Everton, Bolton, Blackburn, Stoke....they wouldn't make anywhere near the same amount of the mistakes.

Take Samba as an example. If we'd have bought him before Blackburn, he'd look like a terrible defender because he wouldn't have been coached properly here. Wenger needs to bring in a defensive coach or but a defender that's commanding and has a say in the way we defend. It's the only way out of this mess. Whatever we're doing during pre season training sessions isn't working.