User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: This Weekend's Fixtures (02/03/04 Mar).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rashford goal aside, that was every inch City playing a mid table team. No one really played badly but they are years away from ever challenging for anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Man Ure were worse than mid-table and tbh i think even a bottom of the league club like Luton will put up more of a fight against City, they were awful except close to their own goal where they were reasonably well organised, overall thiugh they were embarrasing apart from Rashford and then he went off injured

Garnacho in particular was dreadful, I'd struggle to think of a more ineffectual performance i've seen in recent times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I think Man Ure were worse than mid-table and tbh i think even a bottom of the league club like Luton will put up more of a fight against City, they were awful except close to their own goal where they were reasonably well organised, overall thiugh they were embarrasing apart from Rashford and then he went off injured

Garnacho in particular was dreadful, I'd struggle to think of a more ineffectual performance i've seen in recent times
    Tbh it was just a case of them trying to hold onto what they had but lacking the players to take pressure off in terms of wave after wave of city attack.

For what it’s worth they certainly weren’t any worse than we were last April

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Sigh.

Come on, Utd, you useless berks
    Alright. Don’t then!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t think City and Liverpool will lose another game. Well, unless there’s a winner from their fixture but otherwise I don’t see where else they lose. Just have to pray they draw here and there which did almost happen this weekend, all while remaining near perfect ourselves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to make a case for us winning the league. We are flying but as you say we're up against two teams who are looking basically perfect so we have to keep pace with that and hope they slip up.
    And of course we have to go to Old Trafford at the end and as terrible as they are I wouldn't fancy us having to go there and get a win to win the title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It's hard to make a case for us winning the league. We are flying but as you say we're up against two teams who are looking basically perfect so we have to keep pace with that and hope they slip up.
    And of course we have to go to Old Trafford at the end and as terrible as they are I wouldn't fancy us having to go there and get a win to win the title.
    I think going to OT will be far less of an issue than playing away at City or Spurs.

It’s only because we have a bit of a psychological block that i think it’s our third hardest remaining fixture ahead of Brighton

Ultimately I don’t think we can afford to drop any more than five points. And even then that’s dependent on City and Liverpool dropping points. They aren’t both going to win every game till the end of the season. Yes City could but I just don’t think they will. They don’t look like the same team as last season even with KDB back. I fancy Liverpool may win at Anfield next weekend but will drop points in other games - spurs at home, United away.

But yeah either way I think we will drop more than five points. In fact I think we will finish comfortably behind Liverpool in second and City in first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I think going to OT will be far less of an issue than playing away at City or Spurs.

It’s only because we have a bit of a psychological block that i think it’s our third hardest remaining fixture ahead of Brighton

Ultimately I don’t think we can afford to drop any more than five points. And even then that’s dependent on City and Liverpool dropping points. They aren’t both going to win every game till the end of the season. Yes City could but I just don’t think they will. They don’t look like the same team as last season even with KDB back. I fancy Liverpool may win at Anfield next weekend but will drop points in other games - spurs at home, United away.

But yeah either way I think we will drop more than five points. In fact I think we will finish comfortably behind Liverpool in second and City in first.
    we really need the Liverpool - Citeh game to be a draw, it would be ideal, but even then it will be a very uphill struggle

that said, it's kind of irrititating to hear some commentators etc only refer to Liverpool and Citeh as contenders, we are at least in with a shout and that needs to be recognised - anyone would think most of those people don't like us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I think we’re third favourites for a good reason and that’s because we don’t have an elite coach nor do we have a history of relentless winning and going deep into the final hurdles of a season.

We’ll probably lose at City anyway which would kill any remaining hope.

My main worry is turning around the Porto game. If we don’t do that then it would be difficult to look at this season with much joy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Well I think we’re third favourites for a good reason and that’s because we don’t have an elite coach nor do we have a history of relentless winning and going deep into the final hurdles of a season.

We’ll probably lose at City anyway which would kill any remaining hope.

My main worry is turning around the Porto game. If we don’t do that then it would be difficult to look at this season with much joy.
    I think we will, the last time we played Porto we had a deficit from the away leg. They were better than they are now and we were worse than we are now. And we won 5-0 in the second leg

Losing any game is frustrating and disappointing. Especially the manner in which we did. And yeah I get that we have a habit of exiting at the last 16 but I’m reasonably confident

Though results like Porto away don’t give me great faith that we will go much further than the quarters

I think we are in an age where the difference a coach makes is marginal. We didn’t beat Liverpool because Arteta is better than Klopp. We beat them because take away up front, we have a better team than them. I think we’d finish above them if not for the fact that they have the easiest fixtures remaining