Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
Well I think we’re third favourites for a good reason and that’s because we don’t have an elite coach nor do we have a history of relentless winning and going deep into the final hurdles of a season.

We’ll probably lose at City anyway which would kill any remaining hope.

My main worry is turning around the Porto game. If we don’t do that then it would be difficult to look at this season with much joy.
I think we will, the last time we played Porto we had a deficit from the away leg. They were better than they are now and we were worse than we are now. And we won 5-0 in the second leg

Losing any game is frustrating and disappointing. Especially the manner in which we did. And yeah I get that we have a habit of exiting at the last 16 but I’m reasonably confident

Though results like Porto away don’t give me great faith that we will go much further than the quarters

I think we are in an age where the difference a coach makes is marginal. We didn’t beat Liverpool because Arteta is better than Klopp. We beat them because take away up front, we have a better team than them. I think we’d finish above them if not for the fact that they have the easiest fixtures remaining