User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Arsenal vs Brentford 09/03/2024 - KO 17:30

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also. Fuck Brentford. They are proper scrotes and tried to muscle us out of it like Stoke used to.
    The inevitable “should Havertz have been on the pitch” debate was had on MoTD.
    I thought he should have been booked for the dive, but I also thought the first booking was a bit harsh. And we should have had a pel when Trossard (I think?) was hauled down by the neck!

So

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, pleased Ramsdale atoned, up to a point, for his first half brainfart.
    The reflex save was excellent and athletic to get to Toney’s outstanding effort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if I agree Brentford were like Stoke. Definitely a physical side without doubt, the difference is Stoke were ridiculously cynical, a lot of off the ball fouls, lot of time wasting etc.

I don’t mind a side being a bit physical as long as they aren’t just being thuggish with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously I only saw the highlights but they seemed to be trying to physically bully us. All the nonsense going on at corners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Also. Fuck Brentford. They are proper scrotes and tried to muscle us out of it like Stoke used to.
    The inevitable “should Havertz have been on the pitch” debate was had on MoTD.
    I thought he should have been booked for the dive, but I also thought the first booking was a bit harsh. And we should have had a pel when Trossard (I think?) was hauled down by the neck!

So
    Yes, the bookings for Gabriel and Havertz were both harsh IMO, thought the ref was awful, he bought all the Brentford tricks with timewasting etc and was strutting around like he was the star of the show

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Yes, the bookings for Gabriel and Havertz were both harsh IMO, thought the ref was awful, he bought all the Brentford tricks with timewasting etc and was strutting around like he was the star of the show
    Deffo correct there.

I didn't see one card for their continual timewasting in the second half.