User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal 2-1 Brentford Player rating and Match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am surely opening myself up for a roasting here, but given the fact that we are still fighting on two fronts, would it be a total disaster if we went out tomorrow night v Porto?

We have seen it before where we have fallen apart in March where it basically got too much for our thinnish squad.

I also belive that we have a better chance to win the Premier League rather than the Champions League.

Just putting it out there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I guess it is BUT...that could be a help to us given that our rivals still have to play them again.
    Well all I can say to that is, it’s just as well that spurs aren’t playing any of these teams last game of the season or be looking at 1999 all over again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    I am surely opening myself up for a roasting here, but given the fact that we are still fighting on two fronts, would it be a total disaster if we went out tomorrow night v Porto?

We have seen it before where we have fallen apart in March where it basically got too much for our thinnish squad.

I also belive that we have a better chance to win the Premier League rather than the Champions League.

I was of that opinion last season with the Europa league which was far more winnable for us than the champions league is this season

As it turned out, not having to compete on two counts did sod all for us

Don’t get me wrong, I think the early FA cup exit might have been a blessing in disguise. But as much as I don’t think we will win either the league or the European cup, I think we probably do need to try and prove that we can be contenders for both and show that we can juggle both.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    On paper I’d be confident of winning there, but they’ve been very good at riding their luck against the big teams. City bashed them about silly yet they managed to get a 3-3 draw at the Etihad.

It is annoying that they’ve managed to avoid defeats in these games. No other way to put it
    We should be fine, we have a much better defence than City

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KSE Comedy Club View Post
    We should be fine, we have a much better defence than City
    Much better?. Plus Spurs already caught us cold twice at the Emirates

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has crossed my mind! I have no hope that we'll actually win the thing.
    But...I think right now given the run we're on we need to keep that momentum going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s just loser talk.

If we go out tomorrow night it would be a total failure and quite frankly it wouldn’t make a difference in what happens with the final 10 games. We’ve consistently proven to be just as capable of throwing it all away regardless of what the work load is.

Good teams deal with hurdles placed in front of them. Is anyone at City or Liverpool dreading all the games they’ve got across all competitions? No, that’s why they’ve won so much because their eggs are never in just one basket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Ramsdale's error was not lack of game time or confidence.

It was down to cockiness, pure and simple.

He had plenty of time to make a quick pass out but instead decided to take it a touch forward first, thinking he would be quicker than Wissa.
    It was the same type of brainlessness at the end of last season - which ultimately put him where he is now.

His two second half saves though, were world class.
    Last edited by KSE Comedy Club; 11-03-2024 at 02:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Much better?. Plus Spurs already caught us cold twice at the Emirates
    Yes, based on current form this half of the season.
    It's the best in the league.

I didn't think City looked all that yesterday either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    That’s just loser talk.

If we go out tomorrow night it would be a total failure and quite frankly it wouldn’t make a difference in what happens with the final 10 games. We’ve consistently proven to be just as capable of throwing it all away regardless of what the work load is.

Good teams deal with hurdles placed in front of them. Is anyone at City or Liverpool dreading all the games they’ve got across all competitions? No, that’s why they’ve won so much because their eggs are never in just one basket.

We need to keep the pressure on to some extent, even if we don't make it to the final.