User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This Weekend's Fixtures (16/17 Mar).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spurs

Their scoring record

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spurs are fucking shit
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Spurs are fucking shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    didn't even bother checking the score earlier as I assumed it woud be an easy Spuds win but

oh and let's not forget all the so-called Arsenal fans on here who packed their fantasy teams with Spuds players this week

Someone even made Son triple captain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    oh and let's not forget all the so-called Arsenal fans on here who packed their fantasy teams with Spuds players this week

Someone even made Son triple captain
    I’m a so-called Arsenal fan who wanted Spurs to win on the last day of the 98/99 season.
    Sometimes Spurs winning a game is good for us - I want them to beat Liverpool and City in the run in this season.

You understand there’s non causal link between you putting players in your fantasy team and how they actually do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But it means on some level you want Spuds to do well and are pleased when they score goals or keep a clean sheet - no true fan should celebrate that on any level unless if it's so Arsenal can win the league, then sure I get it but otherwise no, it's pure hypocrisy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or, it’s a silver lining if they do well
    As I said, putting them in your team doesn’t make them do well.
    It doesn’t mean you want them to.
    But if they are doing well then why not benefit from it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shouldn’t do fantasy football because I invariably forget about it after the first few weeks…my only recollection of the team I picked is that it included Jurrien Timber FML

I do have a lot of Spurs supporting mates (which always sounds like the way someone says I can’t be racist, I’ve got black mates )…I probably wouldn’t watch the NLD with them. And there’s been piss taking and gloating from me and from them depending on who wins.

But I remember something Arsenal fan said years ago, something like Let’s face it if Arsenal had never moved north of the River most of us would probably be Spurs fans now.

Probably true, my parents both came from Islington, and my dad whilst never really into Football…Arsenal were his local team but had the move to Highbury never happened, local team would have been a few miles up the Seven Sisters Road.

As I’ve said loads of times, I hate them because of their proximity to us. Other than that I’m totally indifferent to them. I haven’t been involved in punch ups with their fans (couldn’t imagine anything more fucking stupid than getting into a scrap over football). I was at the Twelve pins watching the game when we won the league at WHL (to clarify 2004 not 1971…I think my dad mentioned he used the cup win a week or so later as excuse to get drunk) and the worst experience I had was a couple of spurs fans singing “2-0 nil and you fucked it up” at Liverpool St ( if that’s how you want to cope…go for it). Went to only NLD ten years later and fans were kept apart at Highbury and Islington but it was largely anodyne chanting across the platforms.

So my personal experience gives me no real animosity…just a desire to win bragging rights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for this, you shouldn’t hope they get good results stuff regardless. If it benefits us I couldn’t give a fuck. If they are mid table and not a threat to us…I do hope they beat a side that we are fighting for the title or whatever with.

Wanting Arsenal to succeed is more important to me than hating Spurs. For me it’s a bit of a loser mentality the type Spurs fans had when they celebrated losing to United. I don’t get that…supporting Barcelona in the Champions league final of 2006. Of course I totally get that, we were all Liverpool fans on the 1st June 2019.

But wanting your own team to lose? Shows limited ambition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Or, it’s a silver lining if they do well
    As I said, putting them in your team doesn’t make them do well.
    It doesn’t mean you want them to.
    But if they are doing well then why not benefit from it?
    I've already explained, if you can't understand there's no helping you