Raya 6 - His kicking was Bobbins, but he made himself big at defending set pieces

White 7 - Did well getting forward, must admit never been a fan of him as a full back but he’s made that position his own

Saliba 7 - Grew into the game

Gabriel 8 - Saliba had Haaland in his back pocket for the home game, it was Gabriel’s turn this time

Kiwior 6.5 - Run ragged defensively and had little impact going forward but probably have to factor in he had extra time and pels against the Taffs mid week

Odegaard 7 - Chances were limited

Jorginho 7.5 - His experience and maturity are invaluable

Rice 7 - Good defensively but had far less impact on the attacking side of the game

Saka 5 - Looked every bit a player that was an injury doubt until today

Havertz 6 - Ended up playing too deep

Jesus 5 - Looked every bit the player who has managed only 15 league goals since we signed him

Subs

Tomiyasu 7 - More energy than Kiwior

Partey 5 - Looked every bit a player that’s not started a game since last August

Trossard 7 - Got stars and a potential headline in his eyes when he was put through on goal, possibly could have squared it

Martinelli 6 - Rusty

This game reminded me of the Battle of Old Trafford in 2003 without the Drama, the character and hard work was there even if the confidence and flair was not.

If Arteta has a brain in his head he will make a point of telling these players how proud he is of them (I mean shit I’m proud of them) because the hard work was there to see. If we were able to combine that with ruthless attacking Verve we’d absolutely smack teams about.

It’s really hard to get the balance right, took city a lot of dodgily accounted for spending to get it right

What I wanted was a sign, any sign that we can stand up and be counted when it matters and getting a draw from our hardest fixture in the run in was a sign.