User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Man City 0-0 Arsenal - Player Ratings and Match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I think it probably has to be said that Jesus is a Flop. His finishing is dire and he’s no longer doing the things he was doing when he first joined us by laying on chances for others and committing defenders. To that end it has to be said that Havertz has proven a much more fruitful signing. I don’t think either of them represent great value for money but yeah I’m not really sure what Jesus brings to the team anymore. His wages will be obscene so it will be near on impossible to get rid of him.
    Yes - I think we are coming to the point where we need to upgrade Jesus. He was quite transformative when he joined us, but he can't stay fit and has contributed little when he has played this season.

To MO - a further problem with Jesus is that he takes a while to come up to speed when he has been out, so not sure he is a great back up option...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Yes - I think we are coming to the point where we need to upgrade Jesus. He was quite transformative when he joined us, but he can't stay fit and has contributed little when he has played this season.

To MO - a further problem with Jesus is that he takes a while to come up to speed when he has been out, so not sure he is a great back up option...
    The problem is FFP. We are coming into problems because we are making a loss on transfers. To spend anything this summer we will have to sell first. And Jesus? Well who is going to buy a player who is not scoring goals and can’t stay fit. We will be lucky to get twenty million for Edward.

Tierney couldn’t stay fit at Sociedad, Lokonga won’t be bought by Luton if as expected they are relegated. Forest ok as long as they stay up they will probably pay us for Tavares. But certainly less than we will end up having to pay Brentford for David Raya.

It’s the reason why Partey is being offered a new contract, because it’s easier to keep a player and hope he stays fit rather than having to pay out far more for a replacement than the money you’ll get for the player you’re replacing.

FFP makes it a minefield. Because of the constraints, we can’t rely on clubs being able to take a risk on one of our players. Will Aston Villa who are in the same position as us really splash out on Smith Rowe for example.

I get that it’s tallied out over three years but we have made big losses the last two summers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Went to the Spuds home game shortly after he passed and during the minutes silence there wasn't a murmur from them (actually think someone tried to but was quickly shut down) showed that even rivalries are put aside during moments like this.
    Did we meet up before the game? It was back in the era we may have!
    I remember that too. The Spurs fans earned some respect that day, they respected it perfectly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Did we meet up before the game? It was back in the era we may have!
    I remember that too. The Spurs fans earned some respect that day, they respected it perfectly.
    Not sure might have done do remember meeting at the 12 Pins at some point around then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    So, anyway, it was said 12 months ago that if we take 4 points off the leaders instead of losing 6 points, we'd win the league. We just completed taking 4 points from the Romanies and 4 points from the hub-cap nickers. So I'm predicting we'll win it because we met the criteria. Having watched what I watched, which is not all of it or even close, admittedly, I would now say the stats prove we are the best team in his league. 9 games to go to make that a fact and just because Liverpool are leading now doesn't mean all challenges have played out in full. The stats show we are clearly the best. Would be a shame to take all that good work and blow it. I'm going for a title win. The numbers add up.
    We’ve both felt pretty sure we at going to mess it up. But I don’t feel that any more. I’m not sure we are going to win the league because we have the harder run in and it’s not in our hands. But we are showing we have what it takes to be in the title race till the end. And that’s all I’m looking for really. Obviously I hope we win it but there are such fine lines in football. You can lose the title because of a dodgy VAR call these days. If we’re not going to win it then so long as we push the other two all the way. If one of them does pip us then so be it but let’s make them work for it.
    I’m very heartened by the way we’ve stood up in the big games this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    We’ve both felt pretty sure we at going to mess it up. But I don’t feel that any more. I’m not sure we are going to win the league because we have the harder run in and it’s not in our hands. But we are showing we have what it takes to be in the title race till the end. And that’s all I’m looking for really. Obviously I hope we win it but there are such fine lines in football. You can lose the title because of a dodgy VAR call these days. If we’re not going to win it then so long as we push the other two all the way. If one of them does pip us then so be it but let’s make them work for it.
    I’m very heartened by the way we’ve stood up in the big games this season.
    Agree with that. There is clearly progress with our team - and at present we are better placed than our rivals re average age of squad etc...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    The problem is FFP. We are coming into problems because we are making a loss on transfers. To spend anything this summer we will have to sell first. And Jesus? Well who is going to buy a player who is not scoring goals and can’t stay fit. We will be lucky to get twenty million for Edward.

Tierney couldn’t stay fit at Sociedad, Lokonga won’t be bought by Luton if as expected they are relegated. Forest ok as long as they stay up they will probably pay us for Tavares. But certainly less than we will end up having to pay Brentford for David Raya.

It’s the reason why Partey is being offered a new contract, because it’s easier to keep a player and hope he stays fit rather than having to pay out far more for a replacement than the money you’ll get for the player you’re replacing.

FFP makes it a minefield. Because of the constraints, we can’t rely on clubs being able to take a risk on one of our players. Will Aston Villa who are in the same position as us really splash out on Smith Rowe for example.

I get that it’s tallied out over three years but we have made big losses the last two summers.
    True...I suppose we have to hope that unlike in past years Arsenal now has a reputation as being one of the best teams in the EPL - that tends to have a positive effect on player sale values. It's obvious who we need to sell this Summer, and ESR, Reiss Nelson; Eddie are all homegrown and therefore pure profit. Ramsdale also has £20-£30M value. We should be looking at circa £90-£100M for them, I'd hope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can also sell injury-prone surplus players like Partey and Zin and maybe Jesus, all in all it should give us a decent war chest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    We can also sell injury-prone surplus players like Partey and Zin and maybe Jesus, all in all it should give us a decent war chest
    Unfortunately unlike Chelsea we can’t cheat our way into getting ridiculous transfer fees for players who clearly aren’t good enough for us.