User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal v Luton. 03/04/24. 19:30

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    I would dearly like to know what goes on behind the scenes at Colney. I know Reiss Nelson is no Saka (on form), but to me he has always looked right up to speed coming off the bench, and surely he is better than anything Luton have so why not give him a start on the right tonight?
    I'd absolutely do that, or Vieira who played well on our right the once or twice we was deployed there.

Saka is clearly not 100% and this is a good opportunity to rest him, if Arteta doesn't it's plainn irresponsible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    He’s a hard worker, but he’s just below par technically

What I will say for him though, is he seems to have developed his game physically. Time was a stiff breeze could knock him over
    Depends what below par means. Arteta not only kept him, but gave RN a new contract and has played him at times. He may not be considered good enough to have a future at Arsenal but I don't think anyone is of the view that the player is not mid EPL standard, and his career at Arsenal suggests this. If this is the case, could he not be given a game with say Jesus and Martinelli as the other 2 forwards in order to give Saka a rest? This is one of the most frustrating things about Arteta. We are right down towards the bottom of the league for different players starting games, and the indifferent form of knackered starting 11 players might hurt us more than starting a fresh back up players....
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Depends what below par means. Arteta not only kept him, but gave RN a new contract and has played him at times. He may not be considered good enough to have a future at Arsenal but I don't think anyone is of the view that the player is not mid EPL standard, and his career at Arsenal suggests this. If this is the case, could he not be given a game with say Jesus and Martinelli as the other 2 forwards in order to give Saka a rest? This is one of the most frustrating things about Arteta. We are right down towards the bottom of the league for different players starting games, and the indifferent form of knackered starting 11 players might hurt us more than starting a fresh back up players....

I’m not seeing a player of premier league standard unless by premier league standard you’re talking Burnley or Sheffield United. At a pinch he could play for Forest, but that simply isn’t of a high enough standard to be a starter.

The reason he was given a new contract is because it’s cheaper to use him as filler to rest tired legs than pay out to flesh out the squad with actual quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like we misjudged Arteta

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made changes. I always hate rotation personally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal: Raya, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko, Partey, Smith Rowe, Odegaard, Nelson, Trossard, Havertz.
    Subs: Ramsdale,Tomiyasu, Kiwior, Rice, Jorginho, Vieira, Jesus, Martinelli, Nketiah.

Luton Town: Kaminski, Onyedinma, Mengi, Kabore, Hashioka, Doughty, Mpanzu, Barkley, Townsend, Clark, Morris.
    Subs: Krul, Shea, Berry, Woodrow, Chong, Johnson, Chigozie, Nelson, Piesold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id have rested Gabriel and Odegaard and I’m not at all convinced Smith Rowe and Odegaard can play together

And definitely interesting front three - Nelson, Trossard and Havertz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added in Luton's team.

Piesold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged