User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal v Luton. 03/04/24. 19:30

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal v Luton. 03/04/24. 19:30

A game we should win but of course nothing can be taken for granted. We choked against Southampton this time last year so we need to be on it from the start and not make things unnecessarily difficult for ourselves.

A lot of talk that we will rotate for this and considering how many fixtures we’ve got coming up in a short space of time I’m inclined to agree. Would like to see Partey, Zinchenko and Tomiyasu start.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    A game we should win but of course nothing can be taken for granted. We choked against Southampton this time last year so we need to be on it from the start and not make things unnecessarily difficult for ourselves.

A lot of talk that we will rotate for this and considering how many fixtures we’ve got coming up in a short space of time I’m inclined to agree. Would like to see Partey, Zinchenko and Tomiyasu start.
    I would never 'like' to see Zin start in any game but given our lack of choices I suppose it needs to be considered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    0-3 Morrison hatter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raya, Tomiyasu, Saliba, Kiwior, Zinchenko, Partey, Rice, Smith Rowe, Martinelli, Trossard, Vieira

Gives Gabriel, Saka, Jorginho, Havertz and Odegaard a rest. Withdraw Rice early if it’s possible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Raya, Tomiyasu, Saliba, Kiwior, Zinchenko, Partey, Rice, Smith Rowe, Martinelli, Trossard, Vieira

Gives Gabriel, Saka, Jorginho, Havertz and Odegaard a rest. Withdraw Rice early if it’s possible
    Would like to see at least 4 players rotated but knowing Arteta this might be a pipe dream...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Would like to see at least 4 players rotated but knowing Arteta this might be a pipe dream...
    I think you're right, he's more likely to start fairly strong and then make subs

That said given Saka's fitness and importance he just HAS to rest him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand it in a way, Luton are capable of making things difficult for us if we don’t take them seriously

Doughty, Osho, Barkey, Adebayo, Chong…..players I can see being bought by mid table clubs

Saka is probably a must, but I think Jorginho, Gabriel need a rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I think you're right, he's more likely to start fairly strong and then make subs

That said given Saka's fitness and importance he just HAS to rest him
    I would dearly like to know what goes on behind the scenes at Colney. I know Reiss Nelson is no Saka (on form), but to me he has always looked right up to speed coming off the bench, and surely he is better than anything Luton have so why not give him a start on the right tonight?
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    I would dearly like to know what goes on behind the scenes at Colney. I know Reiss Nelson is no Saka (on form), but to me he has always looked right up to speed coming off the bench, and surely he is better than anything Luton have so why not give him a start on the right tonight?
    He’s a hard worker, but he’s just below par technically

What I will say for him though, is he seems to have developed his game physically. Time was a stiff breeze could knock him over