User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal 2-2 Bayern Player Ratings and Match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I've heard people criticise Raya but I don't really think it was his fault.
    His positioning was admittedly odd - way up the pitch when he didn't need to be - but I don't think that's what caused us to concede.
    I'm more annoyed about the second one - we just let the player run and run, then chopped him down in the box. Then Raya went down so early all Kane had to do was pass it in. A mess all round.
    For me, if Raya keeps his cool and stays a little further back, instead of rushing to the ball, he's a better chance of saving it

You're right on the second, Kiwior needs to take a yellow there IMO to stop the run and yes, Raya went down too early for the pel and made it easy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard people criticise Raya but I don't really think it was his fault.
    His positioning was admittedly odd - way up the pitch when he didn't need to be - but I don't think that's what caused us to concede.
    I'm more annoyed about the second one - we just let the player run and run, then chopped him down in the box. Then Raya went down so early all Kane had to do was pass it in. A mess all round.
    Raya was at fault not just for the first goal but in kicking the ball rather than giving it to Gabriel which should have been another penalty awarded against us although Gabriel was just as dimwitted in both instances

Plus Easier said than done, You look at the run from Sane, players were trying to get a tackle in on him but he just danced round them all, the problem was the space he had because we’d pushed up so high and because Kiwior is not a left back much less an attacking wing back or whatever the fuck the role is

Saliba was impetuous but I think had he not have brought him down, he’d have scored anyway

The problem last night was to treat Bayern like a mid table premier league side. Whilst this is not a good Bayern side it was abundantly clear to anyone who isn’t an Imbecile (so doesn’t include Arteta) that they couldn’t be given time and space because of their pace and technique.

We went chasing a second goal after the first, and we compounded our error by looking to go back in front as soon as they equalised. There was no need for that, and a competent coach would have factored that into the equation and slowed things down for a bit.

Poor tactical set up, poor in game management. He got schooled by Tuchel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also felt there was a real 'if only' moment when, not long after Saka scored, White was through on goal

If he buries that - or passes to Havertz who was running in - and we went 2-0 it would have really had Bayern on the ropes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I also felt there was a real 'if only' moment when, not long after Saka scored, White was through on goal

If he buries that - or passes to Havertz who was running in - and we went 2-0 it would have really had Bayern on the ropes
    Correct.
    I heard my neighbour yelling and thought at first we'd maybe gone 2-0 up, but he was actually yelling because we hadn't.
    There are such fine lines in football. Had he buried that we'd probably have won the game. Ah well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he was offside for that anyway.

In any case, he was probably the last player I'd have chosen to be in that position
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    I think he was offside for that anyway.

In any case, he was probably the last player I'd have chosen to be in that position
    not sure if he was offside, no-one mentioned it

and he can put them away when he wants to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7HlV0GRQ0M

Interesting tactical analysis this. I can't really disagree with most of it because he clearly knows a hell of a lot more about football tactics than I do

The only thing I would disagree with is the bit where he says we never looked in danger of losing it after getting the equaliser, they did hit the post after that.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7HlV0GRQ0M

Interesting tactical analysis this. I can't really disagree with most of it because he clearly knows a hell of a lot more about football tactics than I do

The only thing I would disagree with is the bit where he says we never looked in danger of losing it after getting the equaliser, they did hit the post after that.
    what utter shit

The video makes out that Arteta is a grand chess master for the small positional tactical details whilst overlooking the fact the large scale hubris of being pushed up that high against Bayern Munich…when they can punish you with raw pace.

The joke is we have players with the ability to execute the counter to devestating effect, but too easy for Galaxy brain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Arteta is a chess grand master.
    But he's not the dolt you make out either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Arteta is a chess grand master.
    But he's not the dolt you make out either.
    I don’t think I’ve made him out to be a dolt.

What I think is that he’s guilty of hubris. Wenger was similar at his worst….this idea that you have this particular style of play and you play it no matter who you’re playing is for the birds

It’s also not true of Arteta, he employed a deep block in both games against City, so it tells me that he did not factor in that Bayern had direct players with raw pace that could exploit the space, or that his own tactical “cleverness” could overcome it.

That’s the problem, I don’t think Arteta is anywhere near as clever as he thinks he is and even if he was, often that can lead to arrogance and a lack of common sense. Common sense would dictate that you don’t give pace merchants like Gnabry and Sane the space they got on Tuesday.