User Tag List

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: The Arsenal v Aston Villa, Sunday 14 April, 4.30pm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Hope not. That would leave the kitchen unmanned.
    Don't you mean 'unwomaned'?

If you're trying to display your misogynistic tendencies at least do it properly

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Surely that's Kiwior? Or, if he doesn't give the ball away he plays some shitty square or backwards pass. He's a bit of a non-event.
    Our best defensive run recently was with Kiwior in the team, Zinchenko has been back for the last three games and we've looked dodgy again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KSE Comedy Club View Post
    Our best defensive run recently was with Kiwior in the team, Zinchenko has been back for the last three games and we've looked dodgy again.
    generally yes but he wasn't the right pick against Bayern, that needed to be Tomi, but we can only assume Tomi wasn't fit enough. The bottom line is we're desperataly short in that area because Arteta thought Zin could do a job there when he patently couldn't

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zinchenko was the Zinchenko of last season yesterday, the absolute disgraceful way he showed zero positional discipline and created problems for us is not just a result of ineptitude, it’s a result of incredible arrogance. Fuck him basically.

Rice was poor yesterday, because in the absence of a defensive midfielder beside him he was simply being asked to do too much.

Jesus? JFC more like. There’s selflessness and then there’s a complete failure to take responsibility. The guy couldn’t finish a six inch subway roll

I can’t fault Saka, he missed loads of chances but he at least was fucking trying. Trossard similarly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zin has never wavered from being that bad, it's just that some people refused to see it

Agreed on Rice and Jesus, also Saka and Trossard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I’m sorry that’s just not the case. I was one of his biggest critics last season, there’s absolutely no reason for me to refuse to see anything.

I don’t play favourites, I say what I see

Zinchenko played ok when he came on against Bayern, there was much more control on the ball than Kiwior managed.

But his play against Villa was reckless and arrogant. However it needs to be said, that’s not the reason we lost yesterday.

We lost because we fucked things up in midfield without a Jorginho or a Partey. We fucked things up, up front where we are persisting with a player who doesn’t score goals.

Putting Havertz back in midfield felt like a fuck you to journalists who have been asking Arteta if they think he plays better as a forward. Of course he fucking does, he isn’t a midfielder. I said this from the off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post

Putting Havertz back in midfield felt like a fuck you to journalists who have been asking Arteta if they think he plays better as a forward. Of course he fucking does, he isn’t a midfielder. I said this from the off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post

I think it was more that he wanted to have Jesus up front, but unfortunately it was with the inevitable results.

I think we get something out of that game if Havertz was at 9, Trossard was putting some really good balls in from the left in the first half but Jesus consistently fluffed it, either missing the chance or not being in the right place when it counted

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    generally yes but he wasn't the right pick against Bayern, that needed to be Tomi, but we can only assume Tomi wasn't fit enough. The bottom line is we're desperataly short in that area because Arteta thought Zin could do a job there when he patently couldn't
    Oh agreed, my point was that Zin is a steaming pile of dogshit at LB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KSE Comedy Club View Post
    Oh agreed, my point was that Zin is a steaming pile of dogshit at LB
    I'd further and say he's like that anywhere on the pitch