User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Villa (home)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw Zin was booed off today, a pyrrhic victory for me which gives me little pleasure but now at least people can see it

The signing of this player, and the absurd idea that he could do a job at LB, is without doubt Arteta's biggest folly, on its own it may not be the reason we win nothing this season but it's the single most obvious mistake, along with thinking Eddie had anything more to offer and not replacing him last summer with someone at least a bit better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Btw Zin was booed off today, a pyrrhic victory for me which gives me little pleasure but now at least people can see it

The signing of this player, and the absurd idea that he could do a job at LB, is without doubt Arteta's biggest folly, on its own it may not be the reason we win nothing this season but it's the single most obvious mistake, along with thinking Eddie had anything more to offer and not replacing him last summer with someone at least a bit better
    Oh and the real irony is I thought Zin was finding Trossard quite well in the first half and it was probably in that single sense the best I'd seen him do for us

But don't get me wrong, overall he was just as shite as usual

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either play him in midfield or not at all.

He lacks presence and always loses his duels and don’t get me started on his undercooked passing which so often causes panic.

I was happy with his signing at first because of how fresh it felt but teams have very quickly worked out that he’s the one to exploit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sigh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Sigh.
    A rare

I don’t often get upset or annoyed about Arsenal results these days. But I am pretty pissed off about this one. The prospect of a first title in 20 years was enticing. I never quite believed we’d do it - we have the harder fixtures and I couldn’t see the other two slipping. But the Liverpool result was a real opportunity so of course we buggered it right up.

Maybe with Klopp pissing off we have a chance next year, especially if City get deducted a million points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    A rare

I don’t often get upset or annoyed about Arsenal results these days. But I am pretty pissed off about this one. The prospect of a first title in 20 years was enticing. I never quite believed we’d do it - we have the harder fixtures and I couldn’t see the other two slipping. But the Liverpool result was a real opportunity so of course we buggered it right up.

Maybe with Klopp pissing off we have a chance next year, especially if City get deducted a million points

If it's two million I might start to believe...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see why it's a victory at all and I don't like our players being booed off.
    I mean, fine, he had a stinker and overall I'd agree we need an upgrade. But booing the fella isn't going to help him or the team.
    I just can't see what it achieves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I don't see why it's a victory at all and I don't like our players being booed off.
    I mean, fine, he had a stinker and overall I'd agree we need an upgrade. But boing the fella isn't going to help.
    I just can't see what it achieves.
    Well as I said, I mean a pyrrhic victory for me, given i've said right from the start he was a fail but others were trying to say he was good

Zin isn't good enough, he never was good enough and Arteta's thinking he was the answer at LB was total folly and his biggest mistake - yes OK, having both Timber and Tomi injured hasn't helped but, as i said at the time, we should have shipped out Zin last summer and got an actual left-sided defender in, given we were consigning Tierney to the bin
    Last edited by Mac76; 15-04-2024 at 08:41 AM.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? I must have missed that.

He should've been pelted with eggs and banana skins too!

Fucking dogshit player
    Last edited by KSE Comedy Club; 15-04-2024 at 08:46 AM.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well as I said, I mean a pyrrhic victory for me, given i've said right from the start he was a fail but others were trying to say he was good

Zin isn't good enough, he never was good enough and Arteta's thinking he was the answer at LB was total folly and his biggest mistake - yes OK, having both Timber and Tomi injured hasn't helped but, as i said at the time, we should have shipped out Zin last summer and got an actual left-sided defender in, given we were consigning Tierney to the bin
    I cannot fathom why he is back starting games when we have had our best defensive run recently with Kiwior at LB?

It makes zero sense.

He was at fault for letting Tielemans have that wild shot at goal and then he was in the same area of the pitch leaving LB position completely empty when they scored the first goal.

A total and utter embarrassment.