User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Match Reaction v Villa (home)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    As usual, it's the exact opposite. It's what children do - only follow a team when they're doing well and then sulk and give up when they're not doing so well.

That said, I certainly think as you get older you chill out a bit more generally, other things come along like family, responsibilities. And in general football seems less important. And, for me, that's all been exacerbated by the way football has gone where it's now all about the money and saturation coverage, pandering to a global audience etc. Just makes me less engaged with it all.

All that said...the prospect of a first title in 20 years had somewhat reeled me in and I was pissed off we fluffed our lines on Sunday. That said, I was talking to a mate about it and he pointed out that before Sunday we were P11 W10 D1 L0 in this calendar year in the league. One defeat and it's all over. And we were only 2 points behind at the turn of the year - although both Liverpool and City had a game in hand each. 31 points out of 33 and it didn't give us any cushion or margin for error. It shows you have to be basically perfect to beat City. The only time anyone managed it was the year Liverpool went completely mental and basically won every game till they'd all but won it by Easter. And we all know how City have got there. The question remains whether the FA have the balls to deal with it.
    To add to that, this version of City have been spoken about as perhaps being slightly weaker than previous years, yet here there are, on course for another treble.

They won’t give up the title while Pep remains.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I mean good for you I guess

My attitude is live your life how you want to and let others do likewise. The stadium is a nightmare to get away from at final whistle, so if there’s no hope of recovery I simply cannot find it within myself to condemn others for thinking better of it than to wait in queues outside Highbury and Islington or Finsbury Park.

If the game is 1-0 or 2-1 to us or we are drawing I’ll stay to the end, if we’ve comprehensively won or lost no I’m going during injury time.

For me, like with everything else it’s a kind of advertisement of moral worth. Oh look at me I’m a true believer, I’m staying till the end. Ok how bout you do you and shut the fuck up about it

By the way that’s a generalised you, rather than specifically singling you out.
    It wasn't the usual thing of people wanting to avoid the rush, it was the deflation of knowing our title hopes were gone then and there. I get that, but it still looks bad and also it can backfire - I was there last season when we were losing 1-3 to Southampton and people were leaving, but we fought back and snatched the draw (yes, ok, only a draw but still...) those people leaving early didn't look so smart then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    To add to that, this version of City have been spoken about as perhaps being slightly weaker than previous years, yet here there are, on course for another treble.

They won’t give up the title while Pep remains.
    Very much weaker. Shit, in fact. But a higher grade of shit than the rest, so it turns out.
    Für eure Sicherheit