User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Villa (home)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Merson said
    “I said before the game I didn’t like Arteta’s decision with the team he picked,” the ex-Arsenal midfielder told Sky Sports.

“Keep on playing the same team that wins every week, don’t have the wool pulled over your eyes for a 25-minute cameo against Bayern Munich. Jesus comes on and does well and he moves Havertz.

“They’ve won nine of 10 with Jorginho and Havertz playing where they were. It was a bench today that if it wasn’t going right, he didn’t have anyone. Usually, you have Trossard and Jesus to come on.

“He did it against Southampton last season when he left Jorginho out last season. The pressure gets to everybody. That’s where you need a Pep Guardiola who keeps cool.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except that’s bollocks. Guardiola doesn’t keep his cool.

This is a guy who bawls out his players on the pitch, look at what the bald cunt was doing with Jack Grealish against us

I’m no fan of Arteta but that’s because he’s too similar to Ming the Merciless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Pious Arsenal fans can fuck off as well

Complaining about fans leaving the ground at 2-0. What do you want? People to sing when this coach has once against shit the bed. Fuck right off with that…the only thing I won’t tolerate is hypocrisy

Fan going for an early pint before half time starts chiding fans for not singing loud enough, I told him to fuck off. Cunt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbh it annoyed me and others that so many left early, it makes us look like soulless gloryhunters who turn their backs on the team at the first excuse, I never leave before the end

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    A rare

I don’t often get upset or annoyed about Arsenal results these days. But I am pretty pissed off about this one. The prospect of a first title in 20 years was enticing. I never quite believed we’d do it - we have the harder fixtures and I couldn’t see the other two slipping. But the Liverpool result was a real opportunity so of course we buggered it right up.

Maybe with Klopp pissing off we have a chance next year, especially if City get deducted a million points

It's the inevitability of it all. 20 years if exactly the same shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Tbh it annoyed me and others that so many left early, it makes us look like soulless gloryhunters who turn their backs on the team at the first excuse, I never leave before the end
    I mean good for you I guess

My attitude is live your life how you want to and let others do likewise. The stadium is a nightmare to get away from at final whistle, so if there’s no hope of recovery I simply cannot find it within myself to condemn others for thinking better of it than to wait in queues outside Highbury and Islington or Finsbury Park.

If the game is 1-0 or 2-1 to us or we are drawing I’ll stay to the end, if we’ve comprehensively won or lost no I’m going during injury time.

For me, like with everything else it’s a kind of advertisement of moral worth. Oh look at me I’m a true believer, I’m staying till the end. Ok how bout you do you and shut the fuck up about it

By the way that’s a generalised you, rather than specifically singling you out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    lol you're a loser.

Guess what I totally tuned out of football for a number of years until last Januaryish. I couldn't tell you anything about the Arsenal team from a few years before Wenger left until about a year ago when I got back into it. It was all pointless, I'm starting to feel that way again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    lol you're a loser.

Guess what I totally tuned out of football for a number of years until last Januaryish. I couldn't tell you anything about the Arsenal team from a few years before Wenger left until about a year ago when I got back into it. It was all pointless, I'm starting to feel that way again.
    So...basically you're a glory hunter?
    You do you, dude, but that's a weird flex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    So...basically you're a glory hunter?
    You do you, dude, but that's a weird flex.
    It's a more mature way to be a football fan tbh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    It's a more mature way to be a football fan tbh.
    As usual, it's the exact opposite. It's what children do - only follow a team when they're doing well and then sulk and give up when they're not doing so well.

That said, I certainly think as you get older you chill out a bit more generally, other things come along like family, responsibilities. And in general football seems less important. And, for me, that's all been exacerbated by the way football has gone where it's now all about the money and saturation coverage, pandering to a global audience etc. Just makes me less engaged with it all.

All that said...the prospect of a first title in 20 years had somewhat reeled me in and I was pissed off we fluffed our lines on Sunday. That said, I was talking to a mate about it and he pointed out that before Sunday we were P11 W10 D1 L0 in this calendar year in the league. One defeat and it's all over. And we were only 2 points behind at the turn of the year - although both Liverpool and City had a game in hand each. 31 points out of 33 and it didn't give us any cushion or margin for error. It shows you have to be basically perfect to beat City. The only time anyone managed it was the year Liverpool went completely mental and basically won every game till they'd all but won it by Easter. And we all know how City have got there. The question remains whether the FA have the balls to deal with it.