Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
There is an objective measure, it’s when one poor performance bleeds into the next
Well OK, I don't actually think that's an unreasonable definition. I just don't think that's what's happened.
I actually don't think any of them were bad performances. We were a bit naïve against Bayern at home, but we battled back well to get a draw. Villa at home we dominated the first half, I think we were hoping to be a couple of goals up by half time - and we could have been - so we could rest players for Bayern. Didn't quite work but the first half certainly wasn't a bad performance. Second half maybe, but Villa are a good side and I think we ran out of steam a bit while they stepped it up. Last night wasn't a poor performance, we stood toe to toe with a very good side. They might not be the force they were but they're still a side full of quality with a load of experience at this level.

I think the sides we've been playing has to be a factor here. This isn't like around this stage last year when we got 3 points from 12 - two of those games being disappointing draws against West Ham and Southampton. Bayern, Villa and Bayern is obviously a much harder sequence.

Because they are separate competitions, form doesn’t exist independently between competitions.
Agreed.

This is why we lost in the fa cup third round a week after losing to West Ham and Fulham
Disagreed. I mean, maybe it was a factor but we battered Liverpool in that FA Cup game. Certainly first half. We should have been out of sight. It was just wasteful finishing that cost us.

If we had simply gone out of the champions league, whilst enough to be concerning especially the way we went out with a whimper and lost the tie in the first leg. It wouldn’t have been a full on collapse if we’d beaten Villa.
As discussed, failing to win the Wolves game will turn it in to a full on collapse for me. I don't think we're there yet for the reasons I've outlined. We certainly could be heading there and if we do I'll possibly hop back on the Arteta Out bandwagon.