Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Spuds v The Arsenal, Sunday 28 April 1400hrs BST

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Pumped for the 3 points but that was a really iffy performance. Didn’t feel like a 0-3 game at half time and allowing them to make a game of it was very avoidable.

When was the last time we won at WHL 2 seasons in a row? Big, big win and to be fair the points are the only thing that matter now.

Come on Forest.
    88-89 apparently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    88-89 apparently.
    88-89 season we won 3-2 at WHL

Just saying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this stage of the season, it really doesn’t matter how, we just have to win and win we did. Away derby days are never pretty which is why we seem to rarely win them and first time in 30 plus years I think that we won twice in a row there.

I actually thought Raya, after his mistake, was outstanding. He pretty much claimed everything that was thrown at him and not much he could do on the penalty as it was a good one but bar that, I don’t think spurs really had any clear chances from the endless balls pumped into the box. It doesn’t excuse the mistake which was just iditotic but given the collapse last year, the derby match etc, he could have easily collapsed and spurs walk off with a draw. He responded brilliantly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spud manager Ange was very complimentary about Arsenal and especially Arteta after the game.

He was also correct about not celebrating goals until after VAR has okayed them, if there is a VAR check.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    Spud manager Ange was very complimentary about Arsenal and especially Arteta after the game.

He was also correct about not celebrating goals until after VAR has okayed them, if there is a VAR check.
    Yeah I like Crocodile Greeky…he’s refreshingly honest and doesn’t keep to the same platitudinous script most managers stick to in interviews.

Shame he’s Spurs manager as I think on the whole he’s a genuine and likeable guy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I secretly quite like him too and actually he's doing a pretty good job at Spurs.
    They've still typically Spursy, but he's got them playing pretty good football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen a lot of clips of pure shit housing from Ben White

From undoing Vicario’s gloves to giving verbals to Son when he’s about to take a penalty

Good lad

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw the glove thing.

Love it.

For years there's been a lot of "they don't like it up 'em". With people like him and Rice around there's a lot more steel about this side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I secretly quite like him too and actually he's doing a pretty good job at Spurs.
    They've still typically Spursy, but he's got them playing pretty good football.
    I think he's a miserable arsehole who is doing quite a bad job, he's basically relying on Son at one end and the goalie at the other plus Romero, who's kind of a poor man's Rodri

For example everyone knows what Ben White does when we get a corner, they had TWO WEEKS to plan for it but hey, Ben White had the freedom of the penalty area

He only knows one way to play which makes his job pretty simple but it's not going to win them anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I think he's a miserable arsehole who is doing quite a bad job, he's basically relying on Son at one end and the goalie at the other plus Romero, who's kind of a poor man's Rodri

For example everyone knows what Ben White does when we get a corner, they had TWO WEEKS to plan for it but hey, Ben White had the freedom of the penalty area

He only knows one way to play which makes his job pretty simple but it's not going to win them anything
    I dunno - this Spurs team reminds me of previous iterations of Arsenal. Excellent going forwards but lacking discipline and solidity, and capable of being got at. I'd be a bit worried if I were a Sp*rs fan about him not bothering about corners etc - but long may this last.

I think this game showed where Arsenal have matured. I'd agree that this wasn't our best performance - and Sp*rs actually played quite well - with the benefit of 2 weeks' rest. But we managed the key moments better, and (bar 2 defensive mistakes that gifted them their goals) controlled the game when it mattered. Huge result.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter