User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Spuds v The Arsenal, Sunday 28 April 1400hrs BST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think you can play that well and be 0-3 at HT

People can talk about the chances they had but if you don't take your chances that's not "playing well".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They did take the best chance they had, tbh, but someone's toenail was offside so it got chalked off.
    More VAR nonsense, although this one went for us.
    I don't think Spurs were the better side. They had more possession but didn't do much with it. But it certainly wasn't a game which we deserved to be leading 3-0 at HT. That said, had we not self destructed with a Raya brainfart and conceding a late penalty, there's no way Spurs would have got back in to it. We lost possession too easily but Spurs didn't do enough with it, they never seriously threatened us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Letting them have posession in wide areas and blocking them from getting into the middle where they could hurt us was the plan. Feature, not bug, as they say.

Notice how many crosses they had to put in, and who the best keeper in the league is at plucking crosses out of the air.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Letting them have posession in wide areas and blocking them from getting into the middle where they could hurt us was the plan. Feature, not bug, as they say.

Notice how many crosses they had to put in, and who the best keeper in the league is at plucking crosses out of the air.
    Yep. Agree with that.

The biggest issue for me was the slow and sloppy distribution from the back and the amount of times we got caught in possession. Clearly you want to sucker them in to commit bodies, but some of the donkeywork was shite.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were absolute shit, contrary to the bullshit a lot of the pundits are trolling out about dominance and "breaking" the spuds. The spuds dominated us, and quite easily. Because we were scared and our mentality sucks when it comes to the critical games. Nowhere near as badly as before, Arteta has fixed some of the problem. But we still shit a brick when the big games arrive. City game being the one rare exception, maybe because they think they have nothing to lose so they don't worry? Who knows. BUT. The spuds are SO SHIT, it didn't matter. I mean what a bunch of fucking useless clowns. That's 4 losses in a row at the business end of the season? Hilarious. If we hadn't beaten them I'd have been amazed. It was a guaranteed 3 points if we are in any way a serious club. So is the Utd game. Let's see if we turn up or hide.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    We were absolute shit, contrary to the bullshit a lot of the pundits are trolling out about dominance and "breaking" the spuds. The spuds dominated us, and quite easily. Because we were scared and our mentality sucks when it comes to the critical games. Nowhere near as badly as before, Arteta has fixed some of the problem. But we still shit a brick when the big games arrive. City game being the one rare exception, maybe because they think they have nothing to lose so they don't worry? Who knows. BUT. The spuds are SO SHIT, it didn't matter. I mean what a bunch of fucking useless clowns. That's 4 losses in a row at the business end of the season? Hilarious. If we hadn't beaten them I'd have been amazed. It was a guaranteed 3 points if we are in any way a serious club. So is the Utd game. Let's see if we turn up or hide.
    So we absolutely were wrong to sit back against Spurs, soak up their pressure and hit them on the break ? Because…

We shit the bed in the second half and missed the chance to kill things off but oh well.

We didn’t play great against them or Bournemouth you’re quite right, but so what? We are winning games despite struggling to break teams down who sit back at home and are a bit nervy at the back. But a win is a win

It feels to me that you’re so conditioned to complaining that you need to find something to complain about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    So we absolutely were wrong to sit back against Spurs, soak up their pressure and hit them on the break ? Because…

We shit the bed in the second half and missed the chance to kill things off but oh well.

We didn’t play great against them or Bournemouth you’re quite right, but so what? We are winning games despite struggling to break teams down who sit back at home and are a bit nervy at the back. But a win is a win

It feels to me that you’re so conditioned to complaining that you need to find something to complain about.
    Wrong as usual. You're the one moaning on about Arteta while I say he's done better than anybody, probably in world football today, could have done. I complain when it's warranted, give praise when it's warranted. You play for the audience. Big difference.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Seen a lot of clips of pure shit housing from Ben White

From undoing Vicario’s gloves to giving verbals to Son when he’s about to take a penalty

Good lad
    Most improved player at the club. Literally couldn't kick a ball two seasons ago.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Wrong as usual. You're the one moaning on about Arteta while I say he's done better than anybody, probably in world football today, could have done. I complain when it's warranted, give praise when it's warranted. You play for the audience. Big difference.
    Me play for the audience?

You come on here as the drunken misanthrope and play the role to perfection

Out of the two of us, I know I’m genuine…you on the other hand. Utterly performative