User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cost of Football

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    No you won't. That is why they are more expensive than anywhere else. And that is where this Club positions itself - as being the most or damn near the most expensive at just about every aspect of it's business.

It would be nice to get something of the commensurate quality in return. And no, I don't really give a fuck about the price of pies, in the general scheme of things, they are immaterial.

What is not immaterial however, is this club's business model of screwing us at every available opportunity.
    Been to Wembley, have you? Or the Opera? Or an open air gig? Or the Cricket? believe me - you get stiffed just as much for equivalent product at most events down here.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have completely missed the point.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have completely missed the point.
    How so? You are accusing Arsenal of ripping fans off, I am saying that you can't just look at a table like they have produced and make a straight comparison, because everything costs more in the capital.

If you want to confine things to football, for me there are only 3 potential football venues that can compare to the Emirates for pricing purposes. Wembley; White Hart Lane and Stamford Bridge. The likes of West Ham and Fulham are simply not in the demand bracket, so can't be used as fair comparisons.

Wembley is even more expensive than the Emirates; White Hart Lane is an absolute shithole that offers nowhere near the venue of the Emirates. Stamford Bridge is more or less on a par with us, price-wise.

Also, if you look at the survey, while we have the most expensive tickets, we also have cheaper tickets than, say, Liverpool.

I agree that football clubs rip their fans off. But I think its unfair to brand AFC the worst offender, when you take all circumstances into account.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never had a pie or drink the piss known as beer so its cheap for me tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am referring specifically to Arsenal's business model. Even allowing for the London Premium the Club are gouging it's fans and were doing so long before they decided to stick us for another 6.5 per cent.

This Club never knowingly offer value.

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completely pointless table but I guess it gave the journalists something to do over the close season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am referring specifically to Arsenal's business model. Even allowing for the London Premium the Club are gouging it's fans and were doing so long before they decided to stick us for another 6.5 per cent.

This Club never knowingly offer value.
    No - they follow the market like everyone else. Name me a football club that willingly charges less than it could in its particular market, and most people would say that its charirman was a fool...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't a market in the traditional sense. It is in no way a case of if you don't like Brand A, you go to Brand B. They arent following a market at all and they are charging more than anyone else while increasingly delivering less and in time it will come back to bite them on the ass.

Buit they won't care because one by one they are selling out and pocketing their millions.

Well done them.

Cunts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Berg Kamping View Post
    Been to Wembley, have you? Or the Opera? Or an open air gig? Or the Cricket? believe me - you get stiffed just as much for equivalent product at most events down here.
    I got stiff at the opera on more than one occasion watching a nice bint diva in the Magic Flute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    I got stiff at the opera on more than one occasion watching a nice bint diva in the Magic Flute.
    That's nothing, we have Nasri.