0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's literally right.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a sad day when Redknapp knows your team's faults but our manager earning £6m per year evidently doesn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbf, we already have one leader at the back in Vermaelen and the drive and character of Rambo and Wilshere in midfield only adds to that, we need to add a defender but it's just lazy to write it off as 'needing leaders' without actually looking at what we have and what this fabled 'leader' would actually give us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    It's a sad day when Redknapp knows your team's faults but our manager earning £6m per year evidently doesn't.
    Hence Jamie Redknapp's long and illustrious career as a manager.
    Very easy to sit on the sidelines (or on the internet) pointing out faults.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    Hence Jamie Redknapp's long and illustrious career as a manager.
    Very easy to sit on the sidelines (or on the internet) pointing out faults.
    Wenger sits on the sidelines doing fuck all as well judging by the previous 7 years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger sits on the sidelines doing fuck all as well judging by the previous 7 years.
    2004 was 7 years ago, seem to remember we weren't bad then.

Some of the decisions he's made recently are baffling but
    a) We don't know what's going on inside the club and
    b) It's pretty unlikely he can't see what the problems are given that a load of internet twats (no offence) can.

Doing something about them though...well, that's easier said than done. That's why he gets the big bucks of course but I'm sure he's not oblivious to the problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    2004 was 7 years ago, seem to remember we weren't bad then.

Some of the decisions he's made recently are baffling but
    a) We don't know what's going on inside the club and
    b) It's pretty unlikely he can't see what the problems are given that a load of internet twats (no offence) can.

Doing something about them though...well, that's easier said than done. That's why he gets the big bucks of course but I'm sure he's not oblivious to the problems.
    Yeah like I said - 7 years.

Is it really easier said than done though? Could YOU or any manager in the world not buy three better players than Squillacci, Koscielny and Chamakh last summer?? I mean c'mon seriously they are so shite it's unbelievable.

He spends all that money on Ox and doesn't go and buy a decent defender? It's just crazy.
    Last edited by Grebbo; 12-08-2011 at 01:54 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it really easier said than done though?
    Yes. Otherwise why aren't you or I earning millions a year at a top club?

Like I said, some of his decisions of late have been baffling but if you think any idiot could have kept us top 4 in the last few years then...well, we'll agree to disagree about that. Only him and Fergie have consistently kept a PL club in the CL places, many others have tried and failed. Quite a few have spent quite a lot of money and failed to. I'm starting to wonder about him and IMO he should have been sacked for the end of last season but I don't believe he's suddenly a bumbling idiot who can't see what our problems are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vela View Post
    Tbf, we already have one leader at the back in Vermaelen and the drive and character of Rambo and Wilshere in midfield only adds to that, we need to add a defender but it's just lazy to write it off as 'needing leaders' without actually looking at what we have and what this fabled 'leader' would actually give us.
    Not sure that TV is a leader as much as a headless chicken. I don't dispute he's committed but I'm not sure he uses that commitment to drive the team on, seems to me it's more a personal thing with him throwing himself around more or charging up and down the pitch when the going gets tough. Which is great of course because so few of our mob do it. And maybe that's where the problem lies, maybe we could put a Tony Adams or John Terry in there and the rest would still stroll around with their heads down. We can't seriously be relying on two kids in the middle to be leaders either. Maybe naturally they have that sort of temperament but they need the experience to go along with it to be genuinely effective.

Just think back to that collapse last season, there are some seriously weak personalities in this team, players who chuck it in under the merest hint of pressure. Yes we have TV and Jack and Aaron and even RvPs tantrums can be a help sometimes. But I think we'll need more. How could it hurt getting Parker in? He's a blood and guts character that would be ideal sitting in the middle beside Jack. Plus this duo could well be together on the International stage as well and that could only help the understanding. I bet Wenger is too much of a football snob to even consider it. More fool him and woe is us.

Are there any Shearers knocking around? We could do with a cunt like that up front supporting RvP. Someone mentioned Cahill, not a Shearer in terms of his play but certainly similar in character. Then, of course, there's the other Cahill at the back. If we go another transfer round without signing him then Wenger should be shot.

And a goalkeeper. We're deluding ourselves if we think a rookie can pull out a whole season and effectively command the defence when the chips are down. Given needed an escape route, he should already be here. Wenger fucking around for two years over the keeper position has put paid to any hopes of filling that void though.

Think of it, a solid keeper, Sagna (personally I'd have Jenkinson, better all round player), Cahill, Vermaelen, Gibbs (Baines should be here already), Jack, Parker, Arshavin/ Genvino, Theo, RvP and some seriously scary fucker up front. Then the bench starts to look okay too. It's unrealistic now we are approaching the start of another season without having addressed the problems. But if we'd have added one or two a year. Wenger has been seriously negligent. He should have been sacked by now.
    Für eure Sicherheit