User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Wenger step down at end of season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has to go, he should have gone two seasons ago when it was obvious his project was doomed to fail.

I'm sure he's a great guy, and I don't like the fact that I really want him sacked so badly, but he is killing this club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbo View Post
    He has to go, he should have gone two seasons ago when it was obvious his project was doomed to fail.

I'm sure he's a great guy, and I don't like the fact that I really want him sacked so badly, but he is killing this club.
    This, i agree he should have gone a few seasons ago where he would have left with so much respect, you feel when he leaves now it will be with disrespect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tuffnutz View Post
    philippe auclair, who usually speaks good sense, seems to think this is the case too.

nothing really solid to base this on but I wouldn't say it's out of the question, wenger is an increasingly frustrated man.
    He brings it all on himself. He's had many opportunities to change direction, but he's stubborn as hell. Utterly convinced his way is right even though he doesn't have a shred of evidence to prove it. What he does have though is a blueprint from the past that was highly effective. Why he tore it up is a mystery. It's not just about the stadium move, in his arrogance I believe he thought he could change the face of the British game. Joey Barton begs to differ.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    He brings it all on himself. He's had many opportunities to change direction, but he's stubborn as hell. Utterly convinced his way is right even though he doesn't have a shred of evidence to prove it. What he does have though is a blueprint from the past that was highly effective. Why he tore it up is a mystery. It's not just about the stadium move, in his arrogance I believe he thought he could change the face of the British game. Joey Barton begs to differ.
    This... His problem should have been this team, instead he's tried to be this Ambassodor to European football. If he wants to make rules fine, Join Uefa he'd do better then the cunts there, If not do his job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends. If we fail miserably this season, i.e. take a few steps backwards and look nowhere near good enough to win anything then I think he will step down, and rightly so, as he will have tried to rectify his error but been unable to, bring in some new blood. If we look like actually recovering then I reckon he'll honour his contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm afraid that I am now firmly in the Wenger out camp. I don't think he's as much of an idiot as some people make out, but IMO he has become irrecoverably blinkered, supercillious and arrogant - and he is now causing more harm than good to our club. Whatever the future, I want this season to be his last, so I can start enjoying supporting my club again.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no confidence that we can not only replace the manager with anyone better, but support that manager with the funds Liverpool for instance, have been provided with this summer. If you where a world class manager, would you want to manage here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course. No debt, a board that support their manager and don't stick their nose on....that's what any coach wants. We don't have silly funds to spend, but enough to support a manger with his ideas. If a new manager can't turn things around in one season, you know the board will give him enough time to overhaul the team as long as we haven't fallen into a relegation battle.

Wenger is really delusional. You lot should of watched Sunday Supplement. Wenger seems to think the negative press stories are effecting the fans. When asked about the vocal fans, he said they don't represent all of the fans. When discussing Cesc Fabregas, he makes out if he's not going when everyone knows a deal has been done. The press went on to ask him why Cesc and Nasri were absent from the squad, he said Cesc is fit but not match fit and Nasri is 'sick'. Nobody is buying his BS. What is it with him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try not to get drawn on whether I want Wenger to do one or not but what does wind me up is his habit of hiding behind token gestures and little decisive action
    Oxo on the bench seemed like one such case, no expected him to be brought on, hes just joined, little training, young, raw and from a division below but he did cost 12 mil and you might say their would have been vouces if we hadnt seen him at the game. . . .the red card put paid to any notion in any case
    but on the flip side we have Cesc and Nas on their way so no sign of them, those two are complicated cases but what the fuck about Bendtner and Eboue! why havent their deals been sewn up, shit we could have got got paid and spent that money on an immediate contributor, Obewinge of someone like that!
    we had 4 or more players AWOL and that is not the way to achieve anything.

sure we may get some bodies in by the end of August but unless they are PL tested and ready to play from day one we are going to be left with Wenger seeming like he is doing something but actuslly doing fuck all , dare I say it AS USUAL!

do I want the manager of the club I love to be acting in such a manner, no I dont. . .if it continues then I want Wenger to do one

Get Drogba ™

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger has run out of ideas, and is lashing out at anyone who points out the obvious, that we're a club who've been in stagnation for a good 5 years, and are about toe enter a period of decline. I seriously hope for our sakes that Wenger leaves in the summer, because we need a fresh perspective to dig us out of the whole we're in. For Wenger as well, it'll be the for the best before he completely damages the legacy he'll leave behind when he goes.