User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Wenger step down at end of season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBapologist View Post
    I have no confidence that we can not only replace the manager with anyone better, but support that manager with the funds Liverpool for instance, have been provided with this summer. If you where a world class manager, would you want to manage here?
    I think we would find someone fairly easily - we wouldn't get the likes of Mourinho, but we would get an up and coming manager wishing to test himself in the EPL at a club with an excellent developmental reputation, and one that staunchly supports its managers. Now that expectations have been lowered at Arsenal, but it remains a high profile club, I can't think of many more fertile grounds for the right manager!

Whether there would be the perceptiveness to choose wisely, now DD has long gone is another matter, of course.

But I am willing now to take the undoubted risk. If last season and the events of the Summer have not changed AW's mindset - and the overwhelming evidence is that it hasn't - then nothing will, and I am getting sick of being put through the heartache of supporting a club that is becoming little more than a vehicle for our manager's recurring failed experiment.

From preseaon to yesterday it is clear that Wenger intends to persist with the same game plan, yet almost certainly without the one player we had that could make it work. We look tired and rudderless as a team - yet nothing has been done to address this. It is patently obvious to anyone other than Wenger that we will not have a snowball's chance of winning the league - and that most likely we will struggle even to make the top 4 this season.

As far as I am concerned, we have little to lose now. Even if we drop out of the CL places - what players are we chasing now that would be put off by this - hell even Everton players are content to stay where they are rather than join us - our ambitius players can't wait to go. As for CL revenue - if the transfer fees that we do receive aren't spent on players - you might almost say that there is limited purpose in us getting CL revenue, to spend on overpriced teenagers and the bloated wages of players who simply aren't good enough to win us anything, and don't seem to give a flying fuck that they won't

My first desire isn't to win trophies - its to support a team that is exciting; and consists of players that give a toss, with a management that doesn't take me for granted and play me like a sucker. That gives me something to cheer rather than depressing me.

And if Wenger has to move on in order for this to happen, then so be it.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Berg Kamping View Post
    I think we would find someone fairly easily - we wouldn't get the likes of Mourinho, but we would get an up and coming manager wishing to test himself in the EPL at a club with an excellent developmental reputation, and one that staunchly supports its managers. Now that expectations have been lowered at Arsenal, but it remains a high profile club, I can't think of many more fertile grounds for the right manager!

Whether there would be the perceptiveness to choose wisely, now DD has long gone is another matter, of course.

But I am willing now to take the undoubted risk. If last season and the events of the Summer have not changed AW's mindset - and the overwhelming evidence is that it hasn't - then nothing will, and I am getting sick of being put through the heartache of supporting a club that is becoming little more than a vehicle for our manager's recurring failed experiment.

From preseaon to yesterday it is clear that Wenger intends to persist with the same game plan, yet almost certainly without the one player we had that could make it work. We look tired and rudderless as a team - yet nothing has been done to address this. It is patently obvious to anyone other than Wenger that we will not have a snowball's chance of winning the league - and that most likely we will struggle even to make the top 4 this season.

As far as I am concerned, we have little to lose now. Even if we drop out of the CL places - what players are we chasing now that would be put off by this - hell even Everton players are content to stay where they are rather than join us - our ambitius players can't wait to go. As for CL revenue - if the transfer fees that we do receive aren't spent on players - you might almost say that there is limited purpose in us getting CL revenue, to spend on overpriced teenagers and the bloated wages of players who simply aren't good enough to win us anything, and don't seem to give a flying fuck that they won't

My first desire isn't to win trophies - its to support a team that is exciting; and consists of players that give a toss, with a management that doesn't take me for granted and play me like a sucker. That gives me something to cheer rather than depressing me.

And if Wenger has to move on in order for this to happen, then so be it.

Top post Sir, exactly how I'm feeling now.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would love pep here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    would love pep here.
    Would he be able to do anything if the board told he he had no money and had to sell all his players?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Top post Sir, exactly how I'm feeling now.
    Yeah me too.But he's not going anywhere for some time yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Yeah me too.But he's not going anywhere for some time yet.
    2014, he'll be going to head up the world bank.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    would love pep here.
    No thank you no more Barca cunts please.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Would he be able to do anything if the board told he he had no money and had to sell all his players?
    in 3 years time when arsene leaves our financial position would have improved (if we are going at the rate we are going and spending fuck all).

plus our main problems are organisation and basic fundamentals of the game. something pep can shore up easily and turn us into a genuine title force, without too much money.

we do have money, we spunked £12m on oxo, £10m on gervinho etc. wenger chooses to be cautious with it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post
    No thank you no more Barca cunts please.
    get your head out your arse. he would be class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, one day he'll dream of managing there again and attempt to win those trophies he never won in his first spell.