User Tag List

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Reserves, Loanees & Youngsters

RealeyesRealizeReallies Sirjackofwilshere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been our best u-18s player this season. Just turned 17. Will probably be used more in the reserves next season.
    "what it means to be human - to be featherless, two-legged, linguistically conscious creatures
    born between urine and faeces whose bodies will one day be the culinary delight of terrestrial worms.."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched some of the League 1 playoff final to see this Afobe kid. He was shite and his team capitulated right at the end.

Valuable experience for what he'll achieve here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeh he was shite. Highly rated by our setup but I personally don't see it with him. Aneke looks to have more.
    "what it means to be human - to be featherless, two-legged, linguistically conscious creatures
    born between urine and faeces whose bodies will one day be the culinary delight of terrestrial worms.."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't get much service tbf, showed some good strength and movement but didn't sort his legs out in the box with the odd chance he got, it wasn't a bad performance from a guy who's only 19 in a high pressure situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the service up to him wasn't great, although they put in some good crosses that I felt he could have attacked a bit more aggressively.
    Their capitulation at the end would have made us proud tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirjackofwilshere View Post

Been our best u-18s player this season. Just turned 17. Will probably be used more in the reserves next season.
    Damn. I'm keeping my eye on this lad, looks like a great prospect.

It's also embarassing that our under-18s attacks ten times the speed the first team does.

EDIT: Appears Mark Randall has been released. Never really progressed much, best of luck to the guy.
    Last edited by cheesy bites; 30-05-2011 at 12:07 PM.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see Mark Randall's been released.

Thank feck for that.

And to all those ridiculing 18yr old Afobe, he's been one of Huddersfield's standout players this season, and he's only been there since the turn of the year I think.
    I think he can be allowed one poor game at his age.
    Formerly rockyrocky... the other one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Tuesdays View Post
    I see Mark Randall's been released.

Thank feck for that.

And to all those ridiculing 18yr old Afobe, he's been one of Huddersfield's standout players this season, and he's only been there since the turn of the year I think.
    I think he can be allowed one poor game at his age.
    Well said...Ben Afobe was pretty much the catalyst for Huddersfield's amazing run...he's pitched in with numerous goals and assists.The Chairmen said he is one of Englands brightest prospects,and that they were desperate to keep but knew it was only possible if they went up, as Arsene wants Championship football.

He appears to have picked up an injury in his liagaments early in the game, which stopped him a bit...only realising after the game...He was in hospitallast night before being released into the clubs care.

So maybe giving him a break, and leaving the judgment of him to the professionals is a good thing to do.....#justsaying

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Le Coq is class - better than Song in all departments