User Tag List

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Reserves, Loanees & Youngsters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're overhyping our youngsters as usual. He's clearly not better than Song in all departments. Pointless hyperbole.

RealeyesRealizeReallies Sirjackofwilshere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not at all hyperbole. I've followed him since he first joined in 2008. He has better technique, better positioning and is more dynamic. All facets that Song is lacking in.
    "what it means to be human - to be featherless, two-legged, linguistically conscious creatures
    born between urine and faeces whose bodies will one day be the culinary delight of terrestrial worms.."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His workrate is exceptional, but that video doesn't really do much for him as half his passes go to the oppo players. Good prospect but not currently better than Song IMO..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's clearly better than song at writhing about on the floor and holding his face

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's what Barca's holding midfielder does and they're the best team ever so it must be an essential part of football at this level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vela View Post
    Didn't get much service tbf, showed some good strength and movement but didn't sort his legs out in the box with the odd chance he got, it wasn't a bad performance from a guy who's only 19 in a high pressure situation.
    He showed great mental strength, spirit and togetherness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    talking of promising midfielders

any news on Frimpong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't trust having Coquelin, Frimpong or Song for an entire season at DM. The first two are still inexperienced and have no place in a starting eleven (in the PL) yet. Song, has great days, then he has those days where every tackle is late, he jogs around a bit, and only moves when he wants to get forward ignoring his role in the midfield. I'm still not 100% sold on Song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing as Arsene spends a fair bit of money and time on our youths/projects, does anybody believe we have anybody close to breaking into the first team out of the on loan mob? I.E. Lansbury, Bartley, Coquelin, Vela or any of the players returning from injury like Frimpong?

Call me a cynic...but out of that list I really don't see any who are ready to stake a claim, I think all are capable of squad like status but nothing more.

In fact I think Vela's development has stagnated...he's the one out of the list who I would be inclined to sell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess they'll all get a shot in pre-season games, hopefully one or two of them will take their chances like Wilshere and Frimpong did (he looked good in those games before getting the big injury and would have got more chances throughout the season imo). The only guys I can see coming in to the first team squad are Lansbury and Frimpong (one for Rosicky and one for Denilson). I can't see Bartley getting in, I don't know why as I'd love to see him take Squillaci's spot as 4th (or 5th if we do bring another Cb in) as he seems to have the right attitude but maybe another year on loan would be good for him.

Incidentally, this is where project youth theoretically makes it easier for guys to break in. We now have Wilshere in the first team, he's played with Frimpong for 10 years so they have an understanding and Frimpong finds it easier to come into the first team. Lansbury has played a reasonable amount of time with both of them too, meaning that he'd find it easier to come in when either or both of them are playing.