User Tag List

Thread: Leicester 0-1 Arsenal Player rating and Match Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leicester 0-1 Arsenal Player rating and Match Reaction

Ramsdale 6 - No real point giving him any higher because he didn’t have much to do, distribution was ok

White 7 - Solid performance, unlucky that Trossard’s goal was chalked off for his nothing foul

Saliba 7 - Better than in recent weeks

Gabriel 7 - Strong and good clearances

Zinchenko 6 - Decent getting forward but can’t defend

Xhaka 6 - Arguably one of his better performances since the World Cup

Jorginho 6 - Solid but unspectacular

Odegaard 7 - Having more influence on games again

Saka 7 - Continues to be a danger to defences

Martinelli 7 - Doesn’t really work as a centre forward but took his goal well

Trossard 8 - Ridiculous that his goal was scrubbed but his passing and link up play were excellent

Subs

Nketiah 5 - When Trossard came off for him, lost our attacking impetus

Partey 7 - Gave us back more stability in possession after a difficult period of Leicester penning us back somewhat

Tomoyasu 6 - Who gives a shit

All in all not bad, could have been better going forward but we did enough to deserve to win and defensively looked better than we have in well over a month. Leicester were a little blunt but I think we also shut them out when they did come forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Ramsdale 6 - No real point giving him any higher because he didn’t have much to do, distribution was ok

White 7 - Solid performance, unlucky that Trossard’s goal was chalked off for his nothing foul

Saliba 7 - Better than in recent weeks

Gabriel 7 - Strong and good clearances

Zinchenko 6 - Decent getting forward but can’t defend

Xhaka 6 - Arguably one of his better performances since the World Cup

Jorginho 6 - Solid but unspectacular

Odegaard 7 - Having more influence on games again

Saka 7 - Continues to be a danger to defences

Martinelli 7 - Doesn’t really work as a centre forward but took his goal well

Trossard 8 - Ridiculous that his goal was scrubbed but his passing and link up play were excellent

Subs

Nketiah 5 - When Trossard came off for him, lost our attacking impetus

Partey 7 - Gave us back more stability in possession after a difficult period of Leicester penning us back somewhat

Tomoyasu 6 - Who gives a shit

All in all not bad, could have been better going forward but we did enough to deserve to win and defensively looked better than we have in well over a month. Leicester were a little blunt but I think we also shut them out when they did come forward.
    We weren't at our best, and are not quite clicking generally ATM. But I liked both our level of control against an admittedly miserable Leicester side and the fact that our defence looked better (maybe for the same reason) than in recent weeks is encouraging. It's a credit to the management that our January replacements look as though they have played for Arsenal for much longer than a few weeks, and this bodes well with Jesus and ESR prospectively returning to bolster our attack.

No away game in the EPL is easy, and this type of unspectacluar win is precisely what title challengers need to do. With home games against Everton and Bournemouth to come - momentum should be back now.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    We weren't at our best, and are not quite clicking generally ATM. But I liked both our level of control against an admittedly miserable Leicester side and the fact that our defence looked better (maybe for the same reason) than in recent weeks is encouraging. It's a credit to the management that our January replacements look as though they have played for Arsenal for much longer than a few weeks, and this bodes well with Jesus and ESR prospectively returning to bolster our attack.

No away game in the EPL is easy, and this type of unspectacluar win is precisely what title challengers need to do. With home games against Everton and Bournemouth to come - momentum should be back now.
    Aye, I was pretty pleased with that yesterday. Absolutely dominant for most of the game, although created very little. Trossard through the middle was intradesting and helped with possession and keeping pressure on them and off arsenal but there was little threat. Can't really complain about the White hold on the keeper but I thought the bundle on Saka was a penalty. Maybe his growing reputation for diving/play acting went against him there.

But as good an away 1-0 as you're likely to get. Partey is back, ESR is back, Jesus due back soon and two home games next. Pretty positive, for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All in all, it’s been a pretty decent response after the City defeat. Quelled any fears of a collapse.

Next 5 games are very winnable and we’ve really got to be looking at building ourselves a healthy lead for the run-in now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No way Zinchenko was 6 - a 4 for me - gave the ball away, took too many touches, left gaps at the back, his entire existence and positioning is our weakest point
    Last edited by Mac76; 26-02-2023 at 07:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    No way Zinchenko was 6 - a 4 for me - gave the ball away, took too many touches, left gaps at the back, his entire existence and positioning is our weakest point
    Can't really blame him for his positioning. He's playing exactly where Arteta is telling him.