User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitter, Indifferent or Happy by Cesc's Parting?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He left 18 months ago mentally.His body has finally caught up with his head.Anyway fuck him. He's a cunt joining a city full of them.

RealeyesRealizeReallies Sirjackofwilshere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just sadness...that he left a club back in 2003 that hadn't won a trophy in years, that was in turmoil on and off the field....heading to a truly eite club, with some of the worlds best stars, seemingly set up to win trophy after trophy.....and it seems that now with him going back its the same scenario, only in reverse. Reallyy don't know what on earth is going on at Arsenal at the moment and I'm not liking where the cubs heading.
    "what it means to be human - to be featherless, two-legged, linguistically conscious creatures
    born between urine and faeces whose bodies will one day be the culinary delight of terrestrial worms.."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vela View Post
    Yes. All three.

Glad it's over after the drawn out saga, disappointed to see him go but happy to see us (possibly) enter a new era.
    No new era Im afraid,this is where we are at,we are are a selling club end of,this is where Wenger and the board have brought us so people might just as well get used to it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm feeling pretty sad cause I've started supporting Arsenal around the time he was signed. We created one hell of a player but we never seem to capitalise on his talent by showing ambition, in terms of actually building a team to win trophies, players in the squad and just pure shitness therefore making him want to leave - and he's still in his prime.

I'm probably feeling more sad than the Henry saga as Henry was losing it, and I only watched him play at his best for 2 and a half seasons but I still loved him.
    Formerly Known As Gunner_fan_4_life - GF4L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie the Gooner View Post

He's been a scum bag who should have not been a pussy and admitted he wanted out instead of getting his boyfriends to do it for him. Lost respect for him in the last 2 seasons.
    Pretty much.

Thank fuck this pathetic melodrama is over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RomfordPele View Post
    Don't blame him for leaving. The manager and board have shown no ambition for five years - why WOULD you stay if you were him?

What pisses me off is:

a.) the fee - for all the tough talk, it looks like we were bent over and roundly buggered by Barcelona.
    b.) the timing - given we capitulated on the transfer fee, why didn't we capitulate in June? What did hanging around prove?
    c.) the failure of any sort of proactive response from the management - everyone in the world knew he was off, why the hell haven't we got a replacement in?

I wish him all the best on the Barcelona bench. I'm sure he'll have a better time there than playing with the fuckwits he's been surrounded with for the past couple of years.

Pretty much my thoughts. I cant fault him wanting to head out of Arsenal. Why would you want to be in a club where even the club's lesbian is dying to leave?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, don't care, he's been gone for two seasons now, just wish he had the balls to say he wanted to leave when this all started, instead of trying to protect the golden boy image, and letting everyone else doing his dirty work for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't blame him for going but I genuinely think he'd be a better player in England than in Spain. He has shown for spells in the season his quality - he has a lot of goals, power and two-footed tackling in him. He often pushes things to the limit with refs and gets away with it because he's Cesc Fabregas. Over there, he's just another good player. In the past couple of seasons, his main strength - technical ability and precision passes - have not been a feature of his play and I think he'll get a wake up call when he sees those Barca youngsters out-performing him in training.

I don't think we've been able to get the best out of Fabregas. He was not captain material at 22 and still isn't now, but that doesn't mean he can't fight or doesn't have the mentality to be a great player. What he needed was leadership from: 1) a strong manager that would be willing to make changes when things aren't working, 2) An experienced leader who had been at the club longer than Cesc had and was willing to scare the silly mistakes out of the youngsters.

But overall, we knew he was going at some point...not that bothered that he's going now. Even if it's wrong in the short term, we have a chance to correct just one of the many mistakes. We have let the Arsenal armband become meaningless. I would happily give the captaincy to Wilshere as he is genuinely the most deserving and he is definitely the one who'd give the most to earn it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To start with I'am happy that its over. For me its simple - as long as he was an Arsenal player i would support him, now that he's left couldn't be bothered. He hasn't done enough to be branded a club legend. Very good player and all yes, but when push came to shove i think his position made it easier for Barca. There's a lot of press doing the rounds that he has received a bonus for not putting in a transfer request, not sure about the veracity of it but I'am inclined to think he has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Don't blame him for going but I genuinely think he'd be a better player in England than in Spain. He has shown for spells in the season his quality - he has a lot of goals, power and two-footed tackling in him. He often pushes things to the limit with refs and gets away with it because he's Cesc Fabregas. Over there, he's just another good player. In the past couple of seasons, his main strength - technical ability and precision passes - have not been a feature of his play and I think he'll get a wake up call when he sees those Barca youngsters out-performing him in training.

I don't think we've been able to get the best out of Fabregas. He was not captain material at 22 and still isn't now, but that doesn't mean he can't fight or doesn't have the mentality to be a great player. What he needed was leadership from: 1) a strong manager that would be willing to make changes when things aren't working, 2) An experienced leader who had been at the club longer than Cesc had and was willing to scare the silly mistakes out of the youngsters.

But overall, we knew he was going at some point...not that bothered that he's going now. Even if it's wrong in the short term, we have a chance to correct just one of the many mistakes. We have let the Arsenal armband become meaningless. I would happily give the captaincy to Wilshere as he is genuinely the most deserving and he is definitely the one who'd give the most to earn it.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.